ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scarab 1.2 16v

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
thanks twiztid yeh i was pulling up the street and there he was walkin to a neighbours house about to hand my tyres over (that neighbour cant speak a work of english and last time i had a part delivered there took me 3 weeks to get it off him and i was knocking 3-4 times a day for it lol, so was prety lucky
just had a msg off mikey who does the steering wheels hes started work on mine pitty it wont be ready in time for the chester meet but was my own fault as it took me longer than i wanted to get the thing sent off lol.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
wheels are 90% complete just need to finish clear coating the last alloy 2 coats left the new tires are going on tomorrow bit scared in case the fitter scratches them with the paint being so fresh so think ill be asking him very politely to be very careful lmao wish me luck ........

Clio 1.5 dci
really good thread this mate, ill be keeping an eye on it! before you put the primer on the rs grill did you sand it at all?

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
thanks fella, yeh mate was a b**ch to be onist i just use 1200 paper (wet) and tried to get a good key on it all bit fiddley but worth it if you dont want it flaking off after a few months

Clio 1.5 dci
What springs did you have it on? I love the look of the car in the photo in you first post that is from the front just after ou cleaned it!

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
its currently on a -40 drop on apex springs but im going to be changing to either coilys or get some koni shocks on it as the rides a bit harsh with standard shocks mate its settled more now back has actualy dropped more around the 45 mark and front isnt far off.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
handling is alot better car doesnt lean through corners as much sits nice and flat but as im running standard shocks instead of shortend it is a bit harsh when it comes to speedbumps so will be getting shortened shocks soon to compliment the springs

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well got the new tyres on asked them to be careful but they managed to scratch two wheels nothing major a light rub down and some fresh laquer they will be ok but in good enough condition for the chester meet tomorrow seen as the weathers nice im going to give the car a good clean and valet and try get rid of asn many scratches off her as i can ill post piks while i go today

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
thanks mate the dash strips might be going thinking about colour coding the interior with pearl black undicided at the moment though

slow but sure progress there lad, looks well, glad you got rid of that blooming tow eye!

keep it up, bumper and wheels will transform it, dont need to do much then, maybe some cheap renaultsport leather seats, sometimes you can go too far... :)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
sorry i havent posted any piks for a while wheels and rear bumper are already fitted has totaly transformed the look of the car would like to put a sport interior in but no point now as the car is going to a new home sooner than i thaught as iv decided to buy a clio rs 200 round the end of the year so no more expensive mods as money is going in the bank, doesnt mean im not going to keep tinkering with this one for now though but just the lil things like colour coding it etc as its new home is outside my misses house lol. but ill get some piks up of how it looks atm.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Loving this thread, may I ask where you got the 182 exhaust? Would love to do something along these lines with my little clio.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
i got it from ktec mate £330 its a great exhaust, seen somebody selling one on here the other day for 250 quid bargain if u ask me lol

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
Ok well really haven't posted for ages and iv done a fair bit on the clio as my missus will be owning it from next month thought id get it looking right for her. Im currently making speaker door pods and possibly a new boot build and getting the 182 alloys refurbished as i cant be bothered going through all that effort again then its off to my missus so i can by a civic fn2 type r. ill post some picks of how the car is looking at the moment.

Ok well really haven't posted for ages and iv done a fair bit on the clio as my missus will be owning it from next month thought id get it looking right for her. Im currently making speaker door pods and possibly a new boot build and getting the 182 alloys refurbished as i cant be bothered going through all that effort again then its off to my missus so i can by a civic fn2 type r. ill post some picks of how the car is looking at the moment.
I've missed this! get pics sooon i wanna see this baby!