ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scene scooby

More poke than viagr
Sry havnt been on here for a while, new wheels arrived this morning finally :) Getting tyres removed tommorow hopefully, so can make a start on refurbing them in solid white.

Yeah, actually got another feature! Still really suprised to be honest as its still got a way to go IMO. New look should be pulled off in the next couple of weeks.

Solid white BBS's, white rollcage, and subtle Boso inspired exhaust (maybe painted/coated white aswell)

Yep will be at Japfest at weekend, should also be a wee bit lower before then aswell :)

More poke than viagr
Cheers mate :D over the moon with it to be honest, never in a million years thought id get 1 feature let alone 2!!!

Gone for the BBS RC090, AKA BMW style 5's. Pic of them on the previous page i think. They're very similar to RS's, but have a flat dish rather than the nicer stepped dish, but cost about 1/3rd of the the price so cant complain!

Sizes are 17"x8J ET22 all round....and with a 20mm adaptor it will make them ET 2 ;)

More poke than viagr
Will look like this when finished

bbsrcwhite.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick peek. Looks good.

Where did you get your red BBS centre caps? I neeeeed some! All i can find is carbon effect.

More poke than viagr
I did have two Bride seats, but i couldnt find a passenger side seat rail for less than £100 so i just left it out. Would have made my own but had already decided to sell them on again.

Got the center caps from ebay, try searching for international sellers, mine were from thailand or somwhere like that lol.

Been busy with the wheels today, tyres removed at 9 this morning, by 10 i had them home and all washed down. Then once they had dried i started sanding them down. Primed them etc and finally just given them first coat of white :) still got one wheel in primer though as ive ran out of paint lol.

Booked in for tyre fitting either monday or tuesday depending on when im working, and adaptors should arrive next wednesday at the latest :)

More poke than viagr
Lowered the rear alot today ready for Japfest....think its too low as the arch is sitting on the tyre, cant even get my key in the gap! Got 150 mile roadtrip tommor to Japfest so may have to raise it on en route lol

More poke than viagr
Righty ho, bit of an update for Japfest yesterday. Lowered the rear quite a lot to get it sitting level and flush with the tyre. Considering how close it is, the 300 mile round trip was a doddle. Only problem was going down the small bumpy country lanes. bumps were okay, but cornering wasnt! My mate was following me and told me about the plumes of smoke coming from the rear arches when cornering lol!
Anyway pics:
DSC00857.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

New subtle sticker on rear window
DSC00862.jpg

Flushness
DSC00858.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

And a shot of new wheels, almost ready for tyres now :)
DSC00868.jpg

And a sneaky peek from magazine shoot
fastcarshoot1.jpg

More poke than viagr
Right, lad who was to buy my wheels this weekend has backed out.....so going to split the wheels down tommorow and send them off for powdercoating.

If im splitting them down, i could do the centers and dish's different colours, but cant decide what colour to do. Thinking about staying all white though....or maybe try that ultra chrome powdercoat? Would have to see it in real life first as dont want it to look tacky.

Will also be ordering a new stainless bolt kit for the wheels :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Those things look like something a ned would put on a corsa lol

Either stick with what you have or get the White ones on!

More poke than viagr
If i get them, ill split them down, get centers powdercoated white and fit new red BBS center caps

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
The RFs just look a cheap imitation split wheel you would find on a neds corsa b

There are much much nicer wheels put there!

More poke than viagr
Gettin splits to be able to say you have splits ftl

??? Who said anything about getting splits for the sake of getting splits??? This is what pisses me off about cliosport, i buy replica's and i get a roasting for that (justified)....but then i buy genuine BBS's and i get peopple saying "your only getting them for the sake of it....." For f***s sake! Are you people never happy??? Its only this forum where i get this, and i really cant understand why?

Im not buying BBS's to be able to boast about having BBS's, im not buying BBS's to please anyone....im buying BBS's because ive always wanted real BBS's and i now have the funds to do so! Ive always liked the look of the RF's, and they are getting to be quite rare now.....and not as played out as most other BBS models.

More poke than viagr
Yeah it gets addictive lol, have you seen the crazy 12J SSR MK1's they had for sale? Seriously tempted to buy an MX5 just to fit them on lol

More poke than viagr
Yeah works out at £1257 including shipping.....whereas BBS RF's are £450 and no shipping :)