ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Track Tart

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
are the rear springs and adjusters the right way up? or am i being dumb? i swear on the billies i did (albeit ages ago now) the adjuster was at the bottom

Pretty sure they are, I went by the pics in the manual. Not had any issues, and it seems to be the logical way to have em. Springs are defo the right way round, and there are no adjusters anymore, so they must be right lol

Car looks good. Which Bilstein kit is that.

Cheers :) It's the B14 PSS kit. Non adjustable, but I think it's pretty much spot on as it is. Great for road use and very good in the wet. Would probably want it a little bit stiffer on track in the dry though.

Looking good rich, gona be a propper lil track weapon when its done by the sounds of it!

Cheers! Not sure about 'weapon' as I'm not sure how far I'm gunna go with it lol.

rps13
:S but thanks :eek:

Going to get a few more pics 2moro, will get some then :)

haha, i know it's not the flashest,

however most of the modifications are functional, and exactly how i'd mapped out my car in my head, pretty much!

however the budget is proving to be a problem

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Havn't done anything substantial lately, so here's the few bits I've done:

Gave the underside a clean, polished the zaust up, waxed the dampers. Was a bit dirty before!:

CIMG2161.jpg

CIMG2174.jpg

Braided hoses:

CIMG2168.jpg

CIMG2181.jpg

Had fitted some carbon lorraines, but they were nailing my wheels, so I'm just keeping them for track use:

CIMG2183.jpg

UNfortunately that means the EBC deathstuffs have gone back in :(

Gave the wheel bolts and calipers a bit of paint:

CIMG2184.jpg

CIMG2185.jpg

Had my wheels refurbed in a much brighter, sparkly silver. Well pleased with em!

CIMG2187.jpg

Some cool beading!

CIMG2221.jpg

Changed the standard paper filter for a KTR one:

CIMG2207-1.jpg

I've adjusted the exhaust so it sits closer to the bumper, looks perfect now I think!

CIMG2234.jpg

Painted and fitted my tow eye (cheers Si!)

CIMG2226.jpg

It's just a dodgy reflection not a crap paint job! :eek:

Got a new head unit as my standard one was playing up:

CIMG2223.jpg

Wasn't keen on the silver trim, so bought a grey one which looks much better :)

CIMG2224.jpg

Other than that I've changed the gearbox mounts, made some carbon blanks for the b pillars and fitted some RS mats.

I've got a grp n mount to fit, some carpet to tidy up the rear with and some aluminium sheet to finish off my brake ducts. Hopefully got time to do some of this before PPC on saturday!

That's it for now, bit more progress and some decent pics soon!

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Really nice car mate. All mods are good and car looks amazing.
As discussed about Bens exhaust, it need to be shorter, Get the hack saw out!!!
nice car mate.

Si

RS Clio 172
holla richchump.

i still want to know where these 888'd wheels have come from.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. Seems I've been spending ages on it but not actually achieved a lot lol.

I used to think the exhaust was too long but tbh with it sitting right under the bumper it looks much smaller and it's grown on me tbh.

888's were just temp while my other wheels were being refurbed. They're 195/50/15. I found them fine in the wet tbh, never really push hard in the wet on the road though.

Forgot I'd changed the leads and plugs too as well as sprayed up a few engine bits. Never really got chance to get some decent pics though either due to lack of time or bad weather!

182 Trophy (#27/500)
nice work gomez!!! I supose you cup boys have to work overtime to take the focus off the Trophys at these cars shows!!! woohoo!!! woohoo!!!

Qashcow
i found the R888 had similar grip in the wet to a bad set of 'normal' tyres in the dry. will see it at PPC too mate

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
nice work gomez!!! I supose you cup boys have to work overtime to take the focus off the Trophys at these cars shows!!! woohoo!!! woohoo!!!

Says the guy who was desperate for me to detail his trophy so it might have a chance of standing out :p

Bomber/Burp, will see you guys tomorrow!

Alright chap, thought i'd finally start posting on here,

I was the lad you were talking to whilst waiting to leave the infield at mallory yesterday at the PPC event. Nice to meet you, and nice to see what you've done to the car, its looking mint.

Ed.

888's were just temp while my other wheels were being refurbed. They're 195/50/15. I found them fine in the wet tbh, never really push hard in the wet on the road though.
Might be tempted as some for everyday, as said i never nail it in the wet. But want something more grippy in the dry.

Not sure on the 195/50/16 though, may have to raise the car a little so they dont scrup :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hey m8,

Was good to meet you saturday. Car looked mint :)
And if you have any more photography questions, feel free to ask! :)

You're probably going to regret saying that :p Cheers though, will definately drop you a PM at some point!

It had a VERY shiny exhaust

lol can't beat a beat of bling :eek:

Got a bit more motivation after seeing your beast now too!

Cheers for the rest of the comments!

very nice mate come along way since i sore it standard last year

i had to sell the yozza aswell (just wayyyy to loud haha)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Went to Birchdown on Thursday for the belts to be done, top service!!

Grp N Engine mount fitted:

CIMG2246.jpg

Made a big difference, no knocking, and pretty much no lurching when on/off the throttle too! Happy days :)

Oil and filter change (shagged mount in this pic too!):

CIMG2249.jpg

Also I finally got round to modding the bracket in the arch as it kept catching on my tyres when cornering hard:

CIMG2248.jpg

I ground off the lip then knocked it up a few mm so it sits a bit higher:

CIMG2247.jpg

No scrubbing and I can finally push the car more in corners!

Have done a few more bits, but forgot to take pics so I'll upload those tomorrow.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Other stuff from Sunday:

Bought a rear strut brace and painted it met grey. Doesn't do anything but I wanted it to make the rear look a bit less like a van lol:

CIMG2251.jpg

Also picked up some 15's for the track. I was originally going to just use the turinis, but at least I can use the carbon lorraines with these without having to worry about them eating my wheels!

CIMG2253.jpg