ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project White Clio- 6 weeks on

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
After a 12 hour stint on the white Clio on the good Friday, the white Clio 172 finally came off the 4 axle stands and is now sitting on all 4 of its wheels.

Jobs done:

Hub assemblies with discs
Calipers and braided hoses
FK front coilovers
Polyflex uprated inner and outer ARB bushes fitted
Rear negative camber shims fitted
Rear beam taken off blue shell and fitted to the white shell
Rear dampers, adjusters and springs fitted
Bucket seats in mock position

6 weeks ago

WP_000106.jpg

Today

WP_000278.jpg

WP_000280.jpg

WP_000286.jpg

There's still the engine to come out of the blue shell and drop in the white shell. Battery will go inside the car. Induction to be sorted, brakes need bleeding, rear ABS lines fitting, exhaust.... And probably more but it's getting there after only having it 6 weeks. Apologies for the poor pics :eek:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thanks for the positive comments peeps, i've been out working on it most evenings after work and try and get a day on it on the weekends

Put the carbon bonnet on it earlier but undecided, the girlfriend also re-colured the stitching on the Cobra bucket seats to match the rollcage

WP_000292.jpg

WP_000293.jpg

WP_000296.jpg

WP_000294.jpg

Really appreciate everyones comments so far :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
White looks so good on clio's. If I ever need to get a respray, I'd be hard pushed to turn White down.
Also really like the carbon. Looks great with the dark wheels.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Christopher: The supercharger, engine etc was all sold. The only thing left which I bought was the bare shell with the rollcage

Jack: I thought I'd paint the wheels black to go with the plastic side strips and the foglight ducts. I had the carbon bonnet on the other Clio so I thought I'd fit it to see how it looks

I didn't want too many colours or something that stands out too much

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Good work that man !

Looks 100x better than when I last saw it !

Hehe yeah it was a ball of wires inside and nothing on the outside! Next weekend I hope to lift the engine out to give it a paint up ready for its cambelt and other belt changes