ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project white hybrid

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Ok so here goes, after the death of my almost perfect black hybrid i got on the hunt for a new clio.
After toying with the idea of a rallye or newer clio again i decided on the mk1 clio becuase of how much i loved my old one and how nothing ever felt as good to drive.
i found a white hybrid for sale from a nice chap called andy on here was a decent spec and looked perfect for what i wanted.
so me and a mate set off to go have a look on a real nice what felt like sumers day, anyway after having a look around we agreed on a rpice and it was mine, clio number 5 lol.
a pic from the stop off at burger king on the way back

21022009008.jpg

looked quite nice but i didnt like the white as much as i did the black but its defo growing on me and most seem to agree.

the next day i decided to go pod to see what it was capable of. got up early and stuck my black willy wheels on as i thought they would look better. i had a few runs and on the last of the day i warmed the tires and coasted to the line, the lights went green and i sat there reving it thinking i wasnt in gear, was embaressing lol.
anyway harvey came and rescued me found the fault and it was the circlip in the gearbox bah bugger tits w**k over 100 miles from home and the car didnt move lol.
so after a hour or two trying our luck with the aa with chris's membership it turned out he wasnt coverd for it but turned out andyrg was and said if he could sort a fan belt then he would use his for me.
ended up wating until around 7 for the rac to come get us from the pizza hut in the next town, blagged it by saying it was andys car and to make it easyer for the rac to drop it off at mine. i gotta say a massive massive thanks to andy for this saved me alot of hastle mate cheers.
car on the rac trailor just my luck
22022009011.jpg

couple pics from pod

0902220049.jpg

0902220054.jpg

update 2

i woke up and orderd the circlip and washer from renault and as its not in stock i got to wait till tomorrow for it so set about sorting other bits on the car as theres lots to do.

a few days before i got a couple headlights from scrappy they was brand new on a valver they was scrapping so i had them cheap was lucky as one of the lights on the new car had a crack and hole in it

23022009022.jpg

so got that swapped for a new one, next was to clean the bonnet was a right mess

23022009025.jpg

abit cleaner not as good as id like but itll do for now, only used fairy liquid lol i also gave the bonnet catch a good clean and adjusted it as it wasnt inline
23022009026.jpg

23022009027.jpg

the car came with a opin itg filter samco bend and k tak throttle bodie adaptor and it didnt feel like it was doing any good so on went the air box and itg panel filter, i also swapped the throttle bodie over and engine huck thingy as i had already painted them black on the last hybrid.
before
23022009018.jpg

after
23022009020.jpg

next up was the 1.2 badges a definate for any hybrid owner

23022009019.jpg

i then swapped over the bracket for my map sensor as it was zip tied on

23022009021.jpg

23022009024.jpg

then it was onto the widow sealer surround thing, the one on the car was bubbleing so got the old one of the black hybrid as that was fine and swapped them over, also did the wing mirror covers as the white ones had a crack and scuff on them, not sure what to think of them really.

23022009031.jpg

23022009032.jpg

tomorrow ill be trying to take these off, really not a fan myself abit maxpower tbh

23022009029.jpg

i also took the brackets that hold the radiator up and put them on as the radiator was zip tied up :S so thats on properly.
i also added 2 manifold bolts as they was missing lol

only done little bits today as i cant do to much cus of my back. hopefully more updates tomorrow

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Looks like a clean example!

I love how all Mk1's are bodged together by previous owners.

I keep finding little things that have been bodged on mine like bolts missing here and there and zip ties all over the place lol.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
yup ive found zip ties random screws holding the grill on got to go on a mission and replace most the nuts as there rusty lol or colour code them all like i did with the last one haha

cheers winston i shall try altho as its my daily its gonna be hard work doing all the work and using it lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good man.

If its half as good as the last one, it'll be a good'un.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
cheers jamie big thanks for coming all the way from beeston to give me the circlip and washer :lol:

another day another update....

so the yesterday i had problems with the car it wouldnt start immob or alarm wouldnt work and had no dash lights or hazards, was told to check the earths and that i did, and came across this
25022009036.jpg

snapped earth strap luckily i had one on the dead one so swapped them over. big smiles easily sorted.

then it was onto getting the driveshaft out under the arches it was a right mess lumps of dirt everywhere so had to scrape it all off

25022009035.jpg

really doesnt show the ammount that was there as i had brushed most away but it gives a idea lol
25022009037.jpg

so anyway on with getting the driveshaft out was all straight forward thankfully heres how it came out..
25022009038.jpg

circlip and washer still attatched lol

no washer or circlip
25022009040.jpg

circlip and washer in
25022009047.jpg

had to wait for my mate to finish work and bring his dads welder around so i got on with other bits i changed a rear light over as i found one had a crack at the bottom, also used the silvertec bulbs and got rid of the orange of the rear lights.

cracked light new light and the new silvertec bulb attatched.
25022009043.jpg

pre silvertec bulb
25022009044.jpg

after
25022009045.jpg

next thing i wanted to do was the exhaust, now i must stress with whiplash and a chest that kills when i get out of bed doing this wasnt easy lol i wanted my old one on as it was slightly bigger tailpipe and it sounded much nicer and was better condition.

one to come off obviously this was with it undone and on no hangers lol
25022009041.jpg

left old right new
25022009046.jpg

didnt get the exhaust on as my mate turned up so we got to work welding the circlip in i even had ago myself :D
25022009049.jpg

25022009048.jpg

25022009050.jpg

then i decided the ditch the immensly shite standard shifter in favour for my b&m, old...
25022009034.jpg

b&m in and all adjusted up ready to roll
25022009042.jpg

didnt bother putting suround in as interiors coming out.

thats it for today been a long day as everything takes twice aslong to do with a fucked back and chest, tomorrow will be sticking exhaust on filling gearbox back up with oil and whatever else i can find to do lol.

cant get rid of the smell of gearbox oil its horrid lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
nice! what plans you have in mind for it?

atm nothing major just strip it fit my cage seats battery back in the boot paint the bay ect and try and get it up to the standard of the last one, that wont happen tho lol.
looking around theres a few spots of rust and i dont think fixing will make me contempt with it i think atm itll be a case of doign what i can and at one oint reshell white isnt my preferd colour it just gets me back on the road lol

looking good mate will have to go for a pint or something and catch up and have a look at the valver :). Thumbs up for working on the car with chest pains n whiplash, dedication lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
ok so another update been quite a first week thats for sure lol so i thought i had sorted the gearbox out put it back together and still no drive, to say i was pissed off was a understatement i hadnt put the diff in enough so that the circlip filled its slot and after my recent problems with it i about hit boiling point lol.
heres the dead circlip that effortlessly popped straight back off
27022009063.jpg

what the box looked like
27022009064.jpg

ah well on with fixing it did as i was told put the diff in and hammerd it back took some welly didnt think it would of took that much force as looking at it it looks a simple in out jobby with no complications but yeah took some force.
27022009066.jpg

second circlip and washer ready to go on lucky i orderd one from renault and jamie got me one or i would of had another days wait.
27022009069.jpg

circlip sitting in properly, you can see how much it was out from the other pics lol woopsy
27022009070.jpg

welded in properly
27022009071.jpg

i got it back together but bout a massive tub of gearbox oil and had no way of getting it into the box so made my own device lol
26022009055.jpg

now heres another kick in the teeth the hose wouldnt fit in the box so used a little bit of plastic on the end that fitted in nice and snug and was pressed into hose put it in to fill it up did a little bit of oil and went to pull it out to see how it was going.
as i pulled it out the little bit of plastic fell into the box OMG i was pissed off ive been so close to kicking this car hard and this was very close so picked hammer up and went and beat the s**t outa the black clios bonnet lol major temper issues lol.
so couldnt get it out and thats still in there, just pray it dont do no damage :S

also got on with the exhaust another job that pissed me off went on ok and adjusted fine just a compleate c**t that the joints aint sealed i got some paste but its blowing again arrrgggghh still need that sorted ill do it tomorrow.

next up was the fog lights, i dont think them so replaced one of them with the air feeds i had from the last car. the fogs wasnt the standard ones.
a before and after
26022009053.jpg

unfortunatly the last fogs needed a hole drilling for them to fit and here you can see it
26022009052.jpg

but luckily its about coverd and with some silicone sealent i hope it will look like its not there, a job i need to do tomorrow if im up to it
26022009054.jpg

next up was the wiper blades nice and easy old shitters for the decent aero blades well worth the 8 quid from ebay
22022009009.jpg

now it was getting late and we packed the welder away and all my bits and bobs the car was working alright witch was a welcome break so we set off to my mates to get his car ready for his mot, sort his brakes and emmisions out as it was dark we decided not to as the only thing we would do was a one man job and i was getting hastle of the mrs lol so i set off home.
i get to the top of my road and the revs stick at 3000rpm random i blipped the throttle and they dropped and i turn into my road and it seems fine thank god. then i get about 300 meters away from home and bam nothing engine dies, i try and start it and nothing wont fire up OMG im pissed i swear to god i was going to sell the car at that point i was done with it i txt kiz to tell him how pissed iam and hes instantly on the case gets his tools and comes over i give my mate a buzz and he comes and pushes me home also trying a couple bump starts and we got nothing bah f**king thing.
anyway kiz turns up and we check its getting feul ect ect i have to admit at this point i was so pissed off and really could not be arsed with it i was cold tired hurting and hungry id of just left it until i could be arsed. but thankfully kiz was on it traced the problem to the coilpack bah thankfully i had one on the black one so we swapped them over ahh thank god it worked.
27022009073.jpg

kiz on the ball tracing the problem for me while i stood and moaned about my recent luck with cars haha we was at it till like 10 i think pissing the neighbors off with that epicly shite alarm lol im sure kizs ears will agree.

i have to say a big big thanks to kiz for sorting this for me i wouldnt of known what it was and hes a legend for coming over as soon as i had said what the problem was. had alot of help of people off this forum with things so far and its great to be apart of such a good group.

sorry for rambleing but just thought one or two might of liked a update.
so thats circlip gone tow home from pod.
earth strap gone so car wouldnt do anything.
circlip fixed thn died again.
circlip fixed again all seems well.
coilpack dies.

done quite well in a week of owning it lol

heres a vid of it idleing, its one thing i do like about the car :D bish has done me a vid of me running at the pod that ill upload when internets being a compleate c**k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpAQ02A2U4
more updates soon.......

Golf GTD Mk7
nice job mate. Its starting to look like you are going to have to swap everything from the old to the new one. I can't believe that the plastic in the gearbox hasn't caused any issues yet. fingers crossed it wont like..:)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
little update nothing major been on a right downer today so not been doing much as i aint been arsed.

out with the old in with the new, nice to be able to huck the ipod up so many wires to get rid off the cars got wires for subs 6by9s ect so getting excited for stripping it.
02032009082.jpg

heres a vid from pod the other week before it broke.
spanked the prelude 306 gti6 beat my mates 182 but you can here he spins up in first so lets me edge ahead, he was running better times than me but had no seats ect in.
gutted i lost to the type r i hate them spun up in 1st second and bogged down majourly in 3rd :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmB_5GzEo2g

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i do indeed sorry for not making that clear :) meggy bottom end willy head cat cams 208s cat cam pullys supersprint decent itg panel filter and chip, thats the engine basically.

Golf GTD Mk7
what you expecting to get on the roller from these once remapped? presume a trip to leeds is imminent?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
indeed it is just got to find prices out, i might hold off as ive been told of something possibly happening cheap that ive wanted for ages.
not to sure really id hope for 170 or there abouts i got 160 with a chip exhaust ect so id hope cams and superspring brings atleast that.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
indeed it is just got to find prices out, i might hold off as ive been told of something possibly happening cheap that ive wanted for ages.
not to sure really id hope for 170 or there abouts i got 160 with a chip exhaust ect so id hope cams and superspring brings atleast that.

RS tuning map will be around 350 - 400 mmooonniiesss I wud have thought.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
aye yeah been looking into something further and i think ill be waiting for details to finalise and then go down that route.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
well with the car proving super reliable (3 days without breaking) i decided to crack on with the work i needed the carpet and door cards for the car going to the insurace so they cant see the weld marks from the cage lol.
if im honest i hated having a interior it sounded boring car handled poor and it was so obvious when driving it was there, so it needed going.
started late the other day so only maneged to get the rear bits out only took 30 mins to get it all out and into my other car (knowing every bolt FTW lol)
before
03032009084.jpg

after
03032009085.jpg

then the next day it was on with the front, i had a mate wanting the interior for his 1.2 daily he missed the williams interior from his last willy 2 so i gave it him for 30 as he had gave me a nfew bits he had left over.

04032009086.jpg

04032009087.jpg

seats and carpets out left with the tar, bleh
04032009088.jpg

04032009089.jpg

first off i got the seat mounts sorted then cracked on with getting the tar out, boring work this is.

04032009090.jpg

before
04032009091.jpg

after, theres quite alot of weight to this so get it out if your stripping the interior
04032009092.jpg

then got the belts out
04032009094.jpg

gone
04032009093.jpg

seats in
04032009095.jpg

harnesses in.
04032009096.jpg

thats how it was left yesterday, back on with tar removal today and mainly sort the black one out so its ready for insurance to take it away :(

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
so it dont pop out? its a common thing on the mk1s that they pop out and when they do they wear a little groove so it makes it easyer to happen again its only taked in so can easily enough be removed just makes it harder to lol.

Didn't know they had issues or that was a common "engineering solution" tbh. Thought it was odd you'd welded it, lol.

Nice progress with it, I can't believe how much bad luck you've had with it so far though:( I know that mk1's are a bit hit & miss (I had one) yours seems to be in need of a bit of tlc (sorry to say that) but I can see your doing well with it :)

williams 2,seat leon
always fancied an awesome williams turbo with a cool registration ;)
Saw your car at GDI mate, lovely.

thanks glad you liked it, kinda makes all the efforts worthwhile when you you get comments like that. just can't wait to finally pickit up. should be around 260-280lbf of torque, hopefully.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Didn't know they had issues or that was a common "engineering solution" tbh. Thought it was odd you'd welded it, lol.

lol yeah when it goes it goes a few people have said they fixed it and it went again a few days after so its best to weld aparantly

Nice progress with it, I can't believe how much bad luck you've had with it so far though:( I know that mk1's are a bit hit & miss (I had one) yours seems to be in need of a bit of tlc (sorry to say that) but I can see your doing well with it :)

yeah it does need some work but it has been looked after just not to my standards lol got plenty of hard work to do to get it back to the level of my black one tho.

yeah it does need some work but it has been looked after just not to my standards lol got plenty of hard work to do to get it back to the level of my black one tho.
Your black one did look ace, if you get this one to the same standard you have done a cracking job :approve: