ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project "White Knight"

Hey all, I'm pretty new to the forum. I made another post but will use it to start off my project. Ian here from Londonderry in Northern Ireland. Long story short I used to drive around a Citroen ax 1.0i which wasn't great but it was free. I saved for a peugoet 306 D turbo and finaly bought one but I was royally shafted as I thought I knew the seller as I used to work for his brother but no.....car blew up after 2 and a half months after finding out it was stolen, crashed, repaired, sold to me and it had a whole wreck of problems which I found out after I bought it. £1700 down the drain. I always just wanted to modify a car and I've been into cars as long as I can remember. I was saving up for a newer car and went back to the AX when my dad told me his friend might be selling a clio as they bought a new car, I was like......:dead: :nono: . The details were sketchy but I did know it was a woman driver who is 56 and the car had 58k. I also knew it was a 1998 so I wasn't sure if it was a mk1 or a mk2. My friend has a white mk1 and I love it to bits. His is a 1997 with standard black bumpers. My dad said apparently it is in mint condition apart from a few small spots of rust. Being a car detailer this was a big plus.

We arranged to see it and it played on my mind so much that I was getting quite excited. I found out on the day of viewing that it was a mk1 (i prefer that style) and was white (i love that colour) so all was good. I thought it was going to be identical to my friends car however my car had colour coded bumpers as its a mk1 phase 3. He was raging :rasp:.

I knew the timing belt had snapped before i went and saw it but my mechanic said he could get it sorted no probs. We towed it out to him and I was really impressed. The guy was looking for £60 quid for the car and £50 for the tax as he knew my dad and he knew my situation with the Peugoet. A week passed until I could pick it up. I was so excited i was getting cold sweats. I got the insurance sorted at a cost of £995 Fully modified fpft which is brill as its in my own name and that fact that i'm form N.Ireland and 19.

So, a few hours before I picked it up I bought a JVC headunit (4 x 50w) from Argos and a few wheel trims. The car had a cassette player .....anyone know what that is?:S .

So this is how she looked when I picked her up.

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1233.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

Needed a Clean but I was happy as it was standards, sorted and a blank canvas.

One week and a half later and this is how she stands.

DSCN1239.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN1241.jpg

Note I have colour coded the bumpstrips and Put on my trims and Sunstrip (will get alloys in a few days)

My Bumpstrips + annoying mild bit of rust

DSCN1244.jpg

My cd player

DSCN1247.jpg

Big Bertha (1000w power 350w RMS 12" Fli trap active sub)

DSCN1248.jpg

Sparco Harness ( 3 point, I don't race or break the speed limit, I just like the look and feel that everytime you get into your car it's like getting on the olbivion rollercoaster)

DSCN1249.jpg

Standrd Looking Arse

DSCN1245.jpg

Mint Interior

DSCN1246.jpg

Sidelights of certain Death

DSCN1252.jpg

So how it stands so far

1998 Renault Clio 1.2
58k Glacier White
Colour Coded Bumpstrips
Custom Sunstrip
Sparco 3 point Harness
JVC Head Unit
Blue Sidelights
Fli trap 12" Active Sub 1000w Power 350w RMS
Induction Kit

Things to do when I get paid in a few days

Finish off colour coding
Sort out the bits of Rust
get some 15" alloys
Buy another Harness
Get twin exit exhaust

Things to do in the near Future
Get tined windows
Lower 60mm
Uprate Brakes
Roll Cage

I love my white clio, it rocks. Glacier white rules, Screw all the other colours

white_flour.jpg

(only joking couldn't resist)

ALLOYS ALLOYS ALLOYS!

I am so happy today. Got my alloys bought. Maybe not to everyones taste but I like them. I am in keeping with the white theme.

Tescos a few mins ago

DSCN1268.jpg

From the Front

DSCN1271.jpg

I got some Hammerite down in Homebase as my calipers looked terrible. I'm not sure if I will keep it like this.

Started like this

DSCN1272.jpg

DSCN1273.jpg

It started to rain so i only got one coat on there now. Still debating colour with myself

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1276.jpg

Thats how it looks atm with one layer of paint. I'll see if I like it. I'll finish of painting tomorrow and maybe get some more paint for my bumpers. Thats it so far. 2 weeks in

Nippy white cup
I used to have a red 1.2 m8. Get a FSE power boost valve (might not be great on bigger but made a huge difference on mine when it was tweaked properly).

Chris

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I used to have one of these clios. They are quite nippy for a 1.2

I did alot to mine. Lowered it, Williams Clio Interior, Alloys, Induction Kit.

I liked it, but then crashed it. Lol
:(

Good look with the project though. :)

Hey folks, on my break in work I went down to halfords and spent a bit of dosh, I bought ultra bright white sidelights, Excellent White H4 Halogen Bulbs. Another 3 point racing harness for the passenger side, Clear side repeaters and a shite load of paint for colour coding, I'll do some work tonight and get some piccies up

Rb 182
Hey folks, on my break in work I went down to halfords and spent a bit of dosh, I bought ultra bright white sidelights, Excellent White H4 Halogen Bulbs. Another 3 point racing harness for the passenger side, Clear side repeaters and a s**te load of paint for colour coding, I'll do some work tonight and get some piccies up

Good going mate. Mk1's are great wee cars.

I dont like the sunstrip its a bit chav for my liking.

ST1050, 320d
lol ive got one of these...i wouldnt bother spending any money on it though, you'll only get bored of its lack of power. i have that headunit though, it does well with jvc speakers

Well i'm guessing its a mixed bag of responses. Its not going to be to everyones taste. someone out there might like it.

Anyway, tonights post

HEADLIGHT UPGRADE, SIDELIGHT UPGRADE AND ANOTHER HARNESS

So here is my additional racing harness. The girlfriend is going to hate me

DSCN1279.jpg

My sidelights (Brilliant white)

DSCN1281.jpg

My headlights (Extreme White)

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

The beam mmmmm.....bright

DSCN1283.jpg

Another layer of Paint on my calipers

DSCN1289.jpg

Well, i had to stop for the night as it is raining. So hopefully someone will begin to like it

admire your working on it everyday i gotta admit, spend some proper money on springs now and save for more money based mods, not quick add ons if u can mate, will transform it more than u think :)

clio badges off the backand sunstrip off asap too, to compliment and smooth it off, good luck

LY R26
bulbs are much better, need to save up for some springs and as previously said remove the sunstrip n rear badges.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
what size are those wheels? i love em! All cars need to start, slowly but surely! Good look mate!

from one fellow mk1 1.2 to another :p

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
blue bulbs are so chavvy
wiley
Bit pointless and your a hypocrite
Car looks really clean, and i agree move the strip and go for a plain one imo
Its nice to see people are still looking after the older clios

Aye, I really want to drop her. However, the bank is pretty much empty at the minute. Might do the torsion bar in the mean time, Spose thats pretty much free. Bought the wrong clear sides in halfords so need to get those changed over today and i might get a little more colour coding done.

Ok here are some piccies of the drop. I like it. Might go lower.

The pics arn't great but you get the point

Before
DSCN1268.jpg

After

DSCN1294.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

Well worth it

TIP: Bolt number 420 from B & Q with appropriate bolt and 27mm short 1/2 drive socket from halfords makes a good spacer

I'm getting there

Rb 182
Ok here are some piccies of the drop. I like it. Might go lower.

The pics arn't great but you get the point

Before
DSCN1268.jpg

After

DSCN1294.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

Well worth it

TIP: Bolt number 420 from B & Q with appropriate bolt and 27mm short 1/2 drive socket from halfords makes a good spacer

I'm getting there

Looking good bud, now get the front done :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
wtf.

front needs to go LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

dont spend anymore money on it.

IMO

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
dont listen to boosh :p ..keep going bud, keep going until your bored or reached your limits! :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
DSCN1268.jpg

Soon to beeee....

86c3_1A.gif

Hehe onnly joking maan its looking good just need to lower the front to get it looking.. even :D

E36 328
you guys are saying to remove the rear badges, arent they held on with through little holes?

1.8 8v RSi
thats so nice....love what youve done so far. get that front end down!
tempted to go white after seeing this car....

Alright folks, going to do a bit more work tonight. Going to colour code the rest of the bumpstrips. And wing mirrors. Also considering Colour Coding my wiper arms (not the wipers themselves). My god I like white.