ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proline Motorsport Brake Line kits.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Been looking at the proline internal brake line kit for the Twingo.
Have any of you guys used there kits and what is there quality like?
Also is there massive difference between using the kit that uses gromits and the bulkhead kit?
Any info/help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't know where to start tbh.

I was in the same boat, I just watched some youtube vids and read online, not a lot in it, making the fittings is just a bit lengthy but its all straight forward. You could make a hardline system and grab a handheld flare tool which is much quicker than braided.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I ordered them took ages to get delivered like 6 weeks to get the whole kit.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I wouldn’t buy a thing off him ever again. Brake lines took ages to come, Didn’t fit, (the kit got redesigned for the Clio after complaints but he still denies it) rude after sales ? and he blocked me on Facebook

dan's cast offs.
dicked around no end over sending a kit out, think it took about 3 weeks to arrive and then it was wrong as well!!!!! said it had been sent god knows how many times and in the end we had to get the car logbooked without any fookin' brakes on it.

that was the first and last time i've used a premade kit as well, rear internal lines went in the most bloody stupid position as well. make your own.

Took weeeeeks to get my mini kit. Had to chase over 5 times to eventually get a “new” kit made and sent out after he sent them to the wrong address...

Again poor fitment with odd size lines, one is excessively long.

Would not recommend

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Took weeeeeks to get my mini kit. Had to chase over 5 times to eventually get a “new” kit made and sent out after he sent them to the wrong address...

Again poor fitment with odd size lines, one is excessively long.

Would not recommend

And the muppet said I’m the only customer who had issues with the kit. You’re another one to add to the list ?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I know @Nafoff had pretty good customer service from them which is what made me order mine rather than build my own, but my kit has different ends fitted compared to @Nafoff even tho there the same kit, so clearly has no actual real data, log of ends used etc
Mine has all straight fittings which I think will be a pain when I come to fit it all.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Ah well looks like I am going to learn how to make brake lines. Sure it will be fine I dont mind learning new things!

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I know @Nafoff had pretty good customer service from them which is what made me order mine rather than build my own, but my kit has different ends fitted compared to @Nafoff even tho there the same kit, so clearly has no actual real data, log of ends used etc
Mine has all straight fittings which I think will be a pain when I come to fit it all.
Straight fitting to the rear calliper and not a 90 degree fitting?

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Every kit is different. I had straight ends to the rear calipers which was a nightmare. That meaning I couldn’t use the bulkhead fittings as the line wouldn’t reach. In the end I had to swap a few lines over and just use grommets

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Nathan would you be so kind as to send me some pictures of how yours is done? Just so I can start to get my head around it.

Cheers

dan's cast offs.
buy the special tools for pushing the braid away and fitting the olive in place, they are well worth having.

182 trackcar, XC60t6
I think I did a guide on here for this. Buy a flare tool kit and make your own.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yup. Same s**t here too

Screenshot_20181017-194847.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Make them yourself or buy them from Hel directly. For all the great advertising I can't say Proline were particularly forecoming with customer service.

When it comes to taking money the process was very fast.

I got sent the wrong lines the first time, then lines with the wrong fittings, then that was blamed on me (when it wasn't) then I was promised delivery multiple times which took a couple of weeks to materialise and all this time there were facebook posts were being updated with new work being done on other peoples cars but no work being done on sending out my stuff. I made it clear I had an MOT to get done on the car and that I needed to get done but that didn't make a difference. Nice guy to talk to but lacked the goods when it came to it. It's a market monopoly.

I can say that the finish on the lines are good quality and as far as their use I have no real issues.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Just going to have a go making them and tbh hel are equally as bad in my experience!

Granted I only bought one thing custom from hel, they were quick and easy to speak to over the phone. I ordered custom from goodridge and it took 2 weeks or so..

Needed to go back to the oem calipers temporarily but sold the lines, ordered fittings yesterday done today, super easy!

Like to add if you do make your own system use as much hardline as you can, its quicker than doing braided and is more efficient. This is what Im doing from my own experience anyway..

IMG_0983.JPG

Clio 172 Cup/F80 M3
Just to have another rant at Pro Line motorsport.

Bought the internal bulkhead 172 set from them. Took nearly a month to arrive after me constantly chasing Mitch to where they were.

Apparently had sent a set through the post that got lost..... Whenever i asked for a tracking number he never gave me it. Constant excuses....

After "sending" the right hoses I ordered that got lost he claimed he no longer had the blue colour that I ordered. So it had to be carbon or black which I didn't particularly want. Settled with the carbon ones that look great when the finally arrived a few days later, Ive nearly fitted the full set and no problems so far.

Its such a shame that Mitch has a great product to sell and seems to make some really nice quality stuff. The unfortunate thing is that he needs to seriously sort out his game with sending products out to customers.

dan's cast offs.
Just to have another rant at Pro Line motorsport.

Bought the internal bulkhead 172 set from them. Took nearly a month to arrive after me constantly chasing Mitch to where they were.

Apparently had sent a set through the post that got lost.....

That makes it at least £3,000 worth that have got lost for him and that's just ones I know of!!!!!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Make them yourself or buy them from Hel directly. For all the great advertising I can't say Proline were particularly forecoming with customer service.

When it comes to taking money the process was very fast

Do Hel make an off the shelf kit for internal braided lines or will it be a custom job and speak to them regarding getting something made up?

I posted on the Facebook page asking about this as I’m unsure what is needed to delete the ABS? Is a cup master cylinder necessary to delete the ABS?

I was pointed in the direction of Mitch and so I reached out to him asking a few questions and that I was told he has a kit for this which I didn’t know if it included the cup BMC or not? Anyway after receiving no message back I decided to look on here and found this thread and as much as I’d like to think people change but if I can’t even get a reply from him then what is he going to be like with regards to product....?

I didn’t want to dig up an old ABS thread but what is the difference between a non cup BMC and a cup BMC? Also what other options apart from making your own are out there as I like the idea of a braided line system running through the car with bias valve and like the idea of a neat braided system now that Proline is out of the question....

dan's cast offs.
don't think hel do a kit? if you have a vice, angle grinder and know how to use a spanner just make your own, it's pretty simple. plus you get to run the lines exactly where you want them.

@VenomUK cup (non abs) mc is 4 ports, standard 1*2 abs mc is 2 ports. If I were you Id just use a 2 port and T the lines, its less fittings to work with and easier to deal with when on the car

I got one of these nice mocal Ts for mine.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
If you are removing the abs unit, split the ecu part from it with the 6 small bolts as you need this part to keep your speedo working. You need to keep both from abs sensors aswell.
I was under the impression you only needed 1 but having driven down the road and the speed only registering half what it should be it put the other side in and then it worked perfectly.
20190330_121336.jpg
20190811_085001.jpg
20190811_131509.jpg

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
don't think hel do a kit? if you have a vice, angle grinder and know how to use a spanner just make your own, it's pretty simple. plus you get to run the lines exactly where you want them.
Is that making solid lines of braided ones?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
If you are removing the abs unit, split the ecu part from it with the 6 small bolts as you need this part to keep your speedo working. You need to keep both from abs sensors aswell.
I was under the impression you only needed 1 but having driven down the road and the speed only registering half what it should be it put the other side in and then it worked perfectly.View attachment 1433872View attachment 1433873View attachment 1433874
That’s a tidy little setup there