ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proline Motorsport Brake Line kits.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
The only benefit to using proline is he uses clear shrink wrap on the to keep them clean and tidy and he has the crimping tool for the ends.
20190702_184202.jpg

dan's cast offs.
I use torques on eBay. Can get stuff a bit cheaper or if you want to wait a bit and get it from China you'll save a fair bit.

Their stuff is good, delivery 90% of the time is next day and they keep a good range in stock.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I use torques on eBay. Can get stuff a bit cheaper or if you want to wait a bit and get it from China you'll save a fair bit.

Their stuff is good, delivery 90% of the time is next day and they keep a good range in stock.

Yep, I used Torques for virtually all of my stuff. I did use the odd bit from eBay suppliers where Torques were out of stuff, but Torques are really helpful if you go direct.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thats brilliant stuff guys. I’ve got myself a 172 cup MC now so will get some more bits and get making. Did you just follow the same route as the steel lines followed to the front under the arches and then sent the rears in through the bulk head and out towards the rears?

I’m looking to make internal lines with a bias valve.

Appreciate all your help and advice.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
So on the cup master cylinder the 2 smaller ports which are closest to the bulkhead go to your left and right front brakes, the larger ports to the front are the rears but you need to blank one of the larger front ports off
20190602_153141.jpg
20190702_184202.jpg

Also check you servo as you master cylinder needs to seal properly onto it
20190330_130112.jpg

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So on the cup master cylinder the 2 smaller ports which are closest to the bulkhead go to your left and right front brakes, the larger ports to the front are the rears but you need to blank one of the larger front ports off
View attachment 1434150
Why does one need to be blanked off?

So does one line run to the back and then “T” off to either side of the rear callipers?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yes. Larger port goes through your bulkhead into your bias valve and then T's off at the rear to each rear caliper
What’s the 4th port for then that gets blanked off is is it a case of Renault raiding the parts bin and blanked a port off?

2 lines would go to the rear compensator valve but since the bias valve is 1 inlet and 1 outlet theres little point using both rear pots on the mc to then go into 1 for the valve. If Im not mistaken its also a safety feature about the mc partly failing but probably being mixed up with something else.

You can get 2 in 2 out valves but not cheap

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Yes your right, normally your front left and rear right are linked and your front right and rear left. It's so the car will brake in a straight line if something fails in the MC

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve looked on the torque page on eBay and unable to find any unions for the end of the braided hose....not like those in that video I posted. Any suggestions to alternatives or other suppliers? Or am I just being stupid and not searching for the correct part?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If they don't have it on their eBay shop, email them and ask them directly. There's a fair chance they'll have it and will send you a PayPal invoice through email.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
They're usually really helpful. If you ask them what you're trying to do, they should be able to offer you some advice.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's all coming out of the woodwork now how much this guy has conned people and fucked things up. He has conned someone in the US and now this "company" is commenting on their Facebook verbally abusing and bullying them

An absolute disgrace of a company and I urge no one to use them!!

Screenshot_20191205_225859_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_20191205_225850_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_20191205_225904_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
He's transferred the brake lines business to someone else now allegedly. I guess someone is chasing him as he's doing a clio turbo and shutting shop.
Screenshot_20191206_023131_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Screenshot_20191206_023156_com.facebook.katana.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I only ever bought one thing off him (a custom clutch hose for my rally car) and he was really helpful to be honest.

A shame it ended up like this, but seems to be the way with so many small car parts businesses.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I've bought the full 172cup 4port bulkhead kit and some front braided lines. Yes they were late, but the product was top notch. Fit like a dream.
It's a shame the owner is a pleb.