ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proxy at work

Rav4
Hi guys,

We currently filter all our users for the obvious reasons.

Have been using scansafe for the last 2 years, works out about 5k per annum for 120 users.

It's been ok, not the best, so looking at different options.

1) Filtering via Firewall (SonicWall) issue with this is that it's not centralised.
2) PFsense
3) Squid

Did use WebRoot before but it was shocking.

Also need to filter remote users, who are on laptops + small remote offices (max of 10 people per office)

What do you guys use and how are you finding it?

Thanks,

G.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Can you use Tor? Nothings ever blocked that in the past :)

EDIT: Oh wait, you want to block stuff - sorry.

I've used a Sophos Web Appliance (WS1100 IIRC) with good results. This was on a network with circa 300 at headoffice and a hundered odd remote sites. It replaced webroot.

Rav4
Hi,

Thanks for the replies very much.

I used Sophos about 3.5 years ago and had issues, but I am sure it has changed since then.

Are you using the community edition of SmoothWall?

Thanks very much,

G.

FWIW I also put one of the Sophos email appliances in at the same time. Migration from WebRoot was epic. Their support is on another level too. Click the button on the web interface and no matter where the device is, it will make a tunnel to the Sophos support team.

Cupra
We use Barracuda. It's simple enough to configure and maintain. It's in a similar price point as Bloxx so might be worth a look.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies very much.

I used Sophos about 3.5 years ago and had issues, but I am sure it has changed since then.

Are you using the community edition of SmoothWall?

Thanks very much,

G.

No we are using the full version dude, wasn't aware of the community version.

Their support is brilliant too.

Fiesta ST
Just noticed I get a free Sophos Virtual Web appliance with our Endpoint licenses - Got to use VMware though :/

172 Cup
Bit late to the party but we use Sonicwall(Firewall,VPN,CFS), Sophos(AV), and Barracuda(Spam Filtering)

Sonicwalls CFS has always done what we need and you can block Facebook etc via CFS or App rules. Just this week I have installed Analyzer 7 to monitor traffic and sites that people are browsing. Just SSO to get working next week and all should be good

Thumbs up for Sonicwall from me. We have used them for about 5years now and have only had one 1260 die with a failed psu.