ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 bluray playback

A4 Avant
Okay, I'm not sure what settings I should be using for this, I'm not sure if I'm getting Dolby HD? When pressing the select button on the PS3 during playback I think it shows Dolby HD, yet my Amp doesn't show that on the front. I have an Onkyo SR705 amp, my PS3 is plugged into this via HDMI. Is this right or should I output the sound through optical? Whats settings should the PS3 be set too?

Thanks.

Arctic 182FF
dont output through optical because then you will only get plain DD5.1 or DTS.

you are probably getting full quality Dolby HD or DTS Master HD at the moment over HDMI, its just the PS3 decoding the soundtrack itself and sending it to your amp as linear PCM (L-PCM) - your amp doesnt display Dolby HD etc. as its simply amplifying the already decoded content.

if you want your amp to do the decoding then in the PS3 settings for HDMI audio output you need to set it to bitstream.

dk

911 GTS Cab
this is what i got from that thread too, i don't have a HD amp to test any of it sorry, i am just a poor DD5.1 person....