ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3 Exclusive] The Last of Us

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I used it a few times, took out groups of 8 with ease.

Finally finished it, such a special game. Storyline wise probably the best I've ever played. Now time to try online.

​Well worth all the hype.

I saved it last night on 50% exactly. Very enjoyable game, the cut scenes together with the feel of distance you travel, makes this feel like a film.

​In fact, a film should be made from this.

I always think that when I play a game I enjoy, but it's usually because the game itself has been a cinematic masterpiece. A film would almost always be a bad idea and not as good as you expect.

I think I'm nearly done (97% I think), at the hospital and I think I have just one door to get through. And a load of stupidly bomb-proof goons (four head shots with the scoped pistol thing to down them! ish) and my lack of ammo lead me to turn it off in frustration.

Stephen Baldwin came to mind to play Joels brother
Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost)
250px-SawyerABC.jpg

Tommy_Profile_Image.jpg

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
FLOL! I have literally just done that. Screamed like a girl too! I thought yeah that's ok now, its over.... Oh hai Mr Bloater taking me from behind!

I am at this bit. Someone said you dont have to turn it on start with and can deal with the situation before turning it on. Or can you turn it on and run like a little girl?

Awesome game. Missus always tells me to turn it down as she hates the noise. Has given me nightmares twice now as well

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost)
250px-SawyerABC.jpg

Tommy_Profile_Image.jpg

Good call. Looks pretty much like him. Never bothered with Lost though.

I am at this bit. Someone said you dont have to turn it on start with and can deal with the situation before turning it on. Or can you turn it on and run like a little girl?

Awesome game. Missus always tells me to turn it down as she hates the noise. Has given me nightmares twice now as well

Well I had a couple of runners before I'd got to the generator. I had been for a bit of a wonder through some rooms first. I think there were some pills/items around there. I had the key card then got some more runners. Then once I'd switched the Generator I had more runners and the bloater.
So if you think you clear the room, once you start the generator, it will cue more evil b*****ds!

I assumed you need to use the generator to power the locked door that you get the key card for. You might be able to run and avoid the bloater though, I got myself lost in the panic and fell back to the lower floor. The bloater was waiting for me!

Titanium 182
I'm about a third of the way through and loving it so far. On Normal it's just about the right level of difficulty for me - very tense moments without being frustrating.

Fiesta ST-2
Great game, shame about all the glitches...

Save wouldn't load, had to delete game data
Got stuck pushing a raft
Deer glitched and got stuck
Got stuck inside the deer lol
Can see through scenery

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've had very few glitches.
Just got to the hydro place, trying not to play through it too quickly but it's so good!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Same here. Only small thing is the AI being clearly visible to enemies and them not noticing.

Yeah I had this a few times when Ellie runs across the screen/into an enemy and they don't notice. That's the only problems I've had with the game so far.

Fiesta ST-2
Same here. Only small thing is the AI being clearly visible to enemies and them not noticing.

It's stupid that they can bump into enemies, but how annoying would it be if they alerted the enemies each time they ran past them? Which is a lot due to the lame AI.

Petrol Blue 182.
Only had one glitch when on the horse its hoof got stuck in a drain and wouldn't move.

All finished for me now!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Wasn't impressed with online at the start, but now I really like it. All about team work, I wouldn't bother playing it solo. Really tense!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I saved it last night on 50% exactly. Very enjoyable game, the cut scenes together with the feel of distance you travel, makes this feel like a film.

World war Z already reminded me of this when I watched it.

RB 182
World war Z already reminded me of this when I watched it.

World War Z worth a watch DK?

i'll reiterate what i said previously in the thread.. you're all lucky f*****s being able to play this.

i sold my ps3 and have to watch the f**king 'Lets Play' videos online.

yeah it's safe to say it doesn't quite feel the same.

dk

911 GTS Cab
World War Z worth a watch DK?

i'll reiterate what i said previously in the thread.. you're all lucky f**kers being able to play this.

i sold my ps3 and have to watch the f**king 'Lets Play' videos online.

yeah it's safe to say it doesn't quite feel the same.
I liked it, seems to be if you've read the book you hate it as its not faithful.

not worth seeing in 3d though, save the money and watch it in 2d

RB 182
I liked it, seems to be if you've read the book you hate it as its not faithful.

not worth seeing in 3d though, save the money and watch it in 2d

and save the headache.. literally. not a fan of 3d.

i'll be watching this weekend though!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Back on topic...

The actual f**k? Well I'm now playing a Ellie. Did not expect that!
This game really pulls you in and plays on your emotions sometimes. Didn't even get to use the flamethrower (yet?)

dk

911 GTS Cab
flol

Naughty Dog has apologised for adult hotline numbers appearing in The Last of Us.

The two numbers were displayed on an in-game pest control services billboard.

When called in reality, the numbers were active phone sex hotlines.

Speaking with Kotaku, The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann explained that it was an "artist's mistake".

"What happened was, they put some phone numbers in the game and then they thought they could just change the area code to 555, then it's invalid because it's what they do in movies," Druckmann said.

"But I guess that doesn't work when you have a 1-800 in front of it. We're now working to take it out. It was just an honest mistake."

even more strange, why would people call numbers on billboards in computer games, are they really that sad?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Back on topic...

The actual f**k? Well I'm now playing a Ellie. Did not expect that!
This game really pulls you in and plays on your emotions sometimes. Didn't even get to use the flamethrower (yet?)

You get the flamethrower when you reach the university.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You get the flamethrower when you reach the university.

I had the flamethrower,I just didn't use it while I had it.
Now I'm playing as ellie so I imagine that all of joels weapons are gone now (I take it he died as she's wearing his coat)
I turned it off once I started winter though. Will carry on with it after work today.

Petrol Blue 182.
I started to use to bow and arrow towards the end of the game. A nice stealthy weapon and usually one hit kills.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The section of the game where you play as Ellie and you have that other guy with you in the factory and the infected are coming for you through windows and up through the doorways can be very tricky. Often a lot of running around looking for ammo, circling the generators and running up and down onto the platform.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I used a few nail bombs at that point. Also, I was still using the bow in the hospital mission at the end! Lol Wish I had of used it earlier on in the game, good stealth weapon.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ok. So I was a bit premature with my thoughts earlier..

So... Joel isn't actually dead. I've been playing as both of them recently and am now at the tunnel. Just taken out a load of clickers and the three bloaters and leveled my tools up to L5.

Saved once I was clear of any enemies. Still in the tunnel though. Think I'll be heading under water next.
Stupidly good game though.

The part with Ellie when she was escaping from that bloke was pretty hard. Got macheted a few times which was frustrating! The end of that scene was pretty intense!

Will be going back through once I've done this playthrough Think I've missed a few comics and artifacts/pendants.

Not really touched multiplayer this week. Think I was up to week 2 though and hadn't lost any of my clan by that point. Need to get back on that but the campaign is just too good to put down.

19 hours in though and I'm not finished. Taking my time and just looking round at everything.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The part where the horse got shot had me stuck for a while. Used my bow on all of the enemies to get past. Fcuk stealth, got me killed too many times, lol.