ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 media server stuff

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
Anybody know what video formats the PS3 will play when you set up a media server?

I am using TVersity atm as the media server and it is sharing my MP3s but xvids and divx from Bittorrent refuse to play.

Also, TVersity does the job but any other suggestions. (Not Windows media player as I dont use it I use iTunes)

Golf
dont kno mate, all my films i have i just stream and it plays them, i dont have to convert them or anything.

SLK 350
The problems with your downloaded media not being supported, try downloading some different movies, all the AXXO (search for it on BT) stuff works fine, some of the FXG stuff I have doesn't work though.

Basically it's down to non-standardised options being checked when encoding movies.

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
ahh thanks guys i'll try some of the axxo releases.

so what media server program is recommended? i use itunes and all of my music is meticulously organised in folders with all correct id3 tags aswell. and i only ever have like 10 movies downloaded at once (watch then delete) these are all in the same folder. so basically want to share a folder called Music and a folder called movies

edit: also is there a good ps3 website with this info on, couldnt find a really good resource when i googled.