ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Website Goes Live

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Sony has just unveiled its official PlayStation 3 website, confirming the ‘This Is Living’ marketing slogan.

http://eu.playstation.com/ps3

PS3 will be compatible with third party 2.5 inch serial ATA hard drives and that the 60Gb pack will not come with a HDMI cable as many had believed.

The website also confirms that PS3’s Blu-Ray drive will have a read speed of 2x and will weigh 5kg. And to round off the science bit, the site states that the 20Gb pack will not have an HDMI out socket, but each model will have four USB 2.0 ports.

PS3 launch is currently set for November 17th.

Lee

BMW M2C
I just noticed that on MCV.

"This is Living" what they really mean is "This is a Living Hell". I've wasted most my morning setting up a PS3 Dev kit, which we've got to send back in a few weeks anyway to get the final revision.

1.8 Civic EX
I really do think Sony have cocked up this time....they will still sell loads but it's not gonna be as much as thier expecting.....

too expensive and making tooo many old games in fancy graphics thinking the braindead public will swallow it

well im sorry sony this time you will be royally fooked, its WAY too expensive

Citroen DS3 DSport
The F1 game does not look any better graphically than anything else currently available. I think all the screenshots we've been shown on there demonstrate that it's not bringing anything new to graphics, glad I have my 360 and didn't wait for this.

Lee

BMW M2C
David said:
good shout lee, very long, really interesting though.

I rarely bother reading stuff like that, but it's a pretty good article which makes some decent points.

Bloke in the street will still go for a PS3 though. Although now they are starting to see the joy of playing online while chatting and abusing their mates in games, and how well the 360 does it, and more importantly how easily it does it.

The PS3 is still f**ked, I'm downloading old boot roms for it now. POS. lol

Lee said:
I rarely bother reading stuff like that, but it's a pretty good article which makes some decent points.

Bloke in the street will still go for a PS3 though. Although now they are starting to see the joy of playing online while chatting and abusing their mates in games, and how well the 360 does it, and more importantly how easily it does it.

The PS3 is still f**ked, I'm downloading old boot roms for it now. POS. lol

but mums at christmas will go for the cheapest ones LOL

Lee

BMW M2C
ralph wiggum said:
but mums at christmas will go for the cheapest ones LOL
I was saying to a mate the other day, the PS3 is out of the "Xmas present for little Billy" bracket for a lot of families now I'd imagine.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
It's a crappy crappy site aint it!!

Doesn't bode well for Sony, they're properly shooting themselves in the foot imo.

Revels Mum & Sister
The thing is it will still sell like crazy especially in Japan, and you still have the Sony Fanboys in the UK and US.

The price is high but to be honest the stuff I see small kids round my way with it would surprise me if a PS3 was under the crimbo tree of many a spoilt brat this crimbo.

360 does the job for now, and cant wait for the Wii. Only thing that draws me is the Blu Ray drive, as it is and will be the cheapest way to get a Blu ray player. Although isnt so much of an issue now I have the HD-DVD player

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The silly thing about marketing the Blu-Ray, is that it will almost definately fail.

Sony have done this time and time again.

Minidisc and SACD are what springs to mind. Now they think they can beat HD-DVD ???? Poor people.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Lee said:
This is a very interesting article: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.09/sony.html

Well worth a read.

Good article. One of the most interesting parts is about the wii ..

The Wii is a product Sony might have developed in its heyday. It doesn't try to outdo anyone on graphics muscle or computational power – in fact, it opts out of the arms race entirely.

Clever move by nintendo really because they have tried to distance themselves from the 360 vs PS3 war. I think that alone will get them more sales. That controller looks very interesting, cant wait to have a do with one of them! I am losing interest in the PS3 more and more as the weeks go on.

I really can't beleve that they are expecting to sell it for that much, thats a total joke. I thought the 360 was expensive but thats just amazing.

It doesnt even look very nice lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
the same as anything, they can put it at that price cos people will still pay for it.

and its actually quite cheap considering it can play blu-ray dsics as designated blu-ray players arent going to be far off that price.

haha my mate had 2 on pre-order. sucker

bluray doesnt need to cost that much tho they just decided it was going to cost a premium like sony always do the tossers

Lee

BMW M2C
McBunny said:
bluray doesnt need to cost that much tho they just decided it was going to cost a premium like sony always do the tossers

Bluray is the biggest think holding them up now. Massive issues with it at the moment.

yup they cant make enough lasers ah well hd dvd will walk away with it i imagine now the reviews of the bluray players in th estates etc are less than glowing

lol no it has a few mainly the fact its made by sony ;)

its hot it will no doubt be loud the cpu isnt as good as they claimed the display resolutions and frame rates wont be as good as they led everyone to beleive etc etc

Lee

BMW M2C
McBunny said:
oh and they arnt supplying it with a hdmi cable as it costs too much

No surprise there. It seems like the current way to make a bit extra. I bought a nice new photo printer the other day and that came with nothing to connect it to the PC. Luckily I already had a USB cable as they wanted £14.99 for one. :eek:

yup exactly and do you know their reason for not supplying one !! its because they dont know how far away you would want to have the printer so they see it as better to not supply one lol

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Fed up of feckin sony now, If I wanted a console I'd buy an Xbox now just to spite them!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
So potentially you are looking at another 7-8 month wait (with shortages anything upto 12 month is my guess). F*k that !

Its not like its going to be ground breaking in 12 months time.

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ yeah seen as they've had to copy the Wii by quickly putting motion sensors in the controls...what new have they got..woopee it plays blu-ray.