ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ps3??

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
probably not as good graphics as xbox, probably wont have a HD, but there will be so many games you wont care lol, just like all other playstations :)

god i remember when dreamcasts were all the rage

in fact i remmeber back to gameboys :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
dont think theres a specific release date as of yet. they wont release a date till they know they have got everything right unlike microsoft who prefer to rush and bugger it all up!

Mk2 Golf GTI
From what i've heard it's meant to be twice as powerful as xbox, not sure if that's true though.

It'll defo have a hard drive, even if you buy it separately. Wouldn't make sense not to have one.

I reckon they'll have been working on something to rival xbox live too as the ps2 online gaming doesn't have a patch on live.

Due for release in spring '06 in Japan but will no doubt be delayed.

Monaro VXR
^ thats exactly what i plan on doing :)

Get a few of them and max my overdraft out if i know there gonna be in short supply just buy a load on credit card and overdraft and ebay them.

If some idiots will buy them for stupid money i plan to be one of the people making the money off the idiots this time round.

But its cpu power is massive compared to the xbox only problem is that its a little different to standard cpu's so makes developing games that can fully take advantage of it that much harder. However the 360 does have a bretter graphics chip in it. Which to be honest is actually more important than having that much more raw processing power. Current games dont even make use of anywhere near that much power.

And games this time im not so sure about since a vast majority of japanese developers have signed to the 360 which is gonna make a difference in the japanese market.

None

Attachments

• ps3_Getaway_02_small.jpg
    ps3_Getaway_02_small.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 105
  • ps3_Getaway_03_small.jpg
    ps3_Getaway_03_small.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 110
  TDI tyre shreader
the ps3 is twice as fast as the 360 its what im waiting for plus the games for nintendo are poo

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
*Off Topic* ^ What are you on about? "nintendo games are poo"...

Nintendo are the ones that are doing something different. I am not a Nintendo fanboy or anything, but I would rather Sony or Microsoft have done something different as well. The DS is a master piece :). I have had the PSP for over a year now (got it in Japan) and as far as enjoyment goes the DS wins hands down - with its use of the touch screen. The DS makes you interact with a game like no other Console has done before.

Power isn't everything.. I mean who wants the same games without any change in how we play.

I wish Nintendo all the best in creating something that is TRUELY DIFFERENT and FUN. And I for one can't wait to see what they bring to E3 2006....

Audi S3 225
the1 said:
*Off Topic* ^ What are you on about? "nintendo games are poo"...

Nintendo are the ones that are doing something different. I am not a Nintendo fanboy or anything, but I would rather Sony or Microsoft have done something different as well. The DS is a master piece :). I have had the PSP for over a year now (got it in Japan) and as far as enjoyment goes the DS wins hands down - with its use of the touch screen. The DS makes you interact with a game like no other Console has done before.

Power isn't everything.. I mean who wants the same games without any change in how we play.

I wish Nintendo all the best in creating something that is TRUELY DIFFERENT and FUN. And I for one can't wait to see what they bring to E3 2006....

BORING! ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the Nintendo DS is a terrible kids toy its poo, their games are poo, the only good thing Nintendo ever did was make Mario and Goldeneye for the n64. Apart from that they suk, look what happened to the Gamecube???

Now they bringing out that new console with some stupid controller that looks like a remote control for ya telly, that’s most probably gonna flop as well because they just cant compete with the likes of Microsoft and Sony.

The PS3 will without a doubt be better than the Xbox 360, how will it not when its being released a year later than its competitor. I cannot wait, saying that Im still getting a 360 as soon as the price goes down a bit.

SONY ROCK, MICROSOFT OK, NINTENDO SUK D**K!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
advance wars anyone? quality game.

what about zelda?

i think the ps3 won't have the same stock issues as xbox.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Jonsey, maybe you shouldnt comment on things you don't know about, or at the end of your posts just put IMO.

The Gamecude may have sold less units than the XBOX or PS2, but Nintendo have made the most money. Also If it wasn't for Nintendo pushing the boundries of Console gameplay you wouldn't have the features found in the other consoles.. such as online gaming. The downfall of the Gamecube was programming games for it, aprts from that it was the best console, best controller, easyest to transport/set up and had better graphics than the PS2, the games that have come out for it have been feature and graphically rich, its a pity that this is so few. I will admit tho taht teh Revolution looks weird. :S

Edit: 320,000 360;s sold in November, next to 550,000 Xbox's.. interesting

Audi S3 225
Zelda oot was a wicked game, i admit i got a gamecube when they first came out, only used it a few times since to play resident evil remake and zero on. Also played the zelda game which i didnt rate at all, only good thing was it had zelda oot bundled with it.

Theres no way nintendo made more money from there consoles fair enough they have the ds and gbadvance, but everybody i no owns a ps2, and now the must have is a psp. Xbox sell well but the better games are on the ps2 thats why they sell more. Shows it aint all down to graphics and cpu power!

IMO

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Microsoft ended up selling the Xbox at a loss of around $100.

I am desperately trying to find the figures released at the begining of december but it looks as tho i was incorect, in that Nintendo has made the most money PER console, and i think the XBOX has only just outsold it, the PS on the otherhand as always has been a run away success. (i personally have ever got to grips with it (HATE the controllers)).

I think what this is down to is that Nintendo have always targeted children (17 and less) and always made the best Games Consoles, never an Entertainment System, which the others are, and obviously the market for the single older player wanting a few extra features is much larger.

I just really hope that the Revoution is a success, I don't think they will go bankrupt if its a flop as there Gameboy and DS sales are phenomenal.

Monaro VXR
No but unfortunately your info about the PS2 isnt quite correct either its not twice as powerful.

Its got a more powerful processor. Thats it a processor. Now that is a good thing but when it doesnt have as much graphical power thats not so good it means the games wont look as good. EVER! Getting the point here.

CPU power means dick all to be honest in most modern day games sony is just using it as a selling point and well they dont need something with that much raw processing power. 8 way cpu running at 3.2ghz a core or something it has. look at the current ps2 with its 300mhz cpu. The consoles really do not need that much processing power to compete. hence why nintendo havnt jumped on the same bandwagon.

And the gamecube is an awesome machine when you have a few mates round. Anyone ever played donkey konga? had a frigging laugh with a load of us on that all wrecked. I dont own one though own an xbox and a dreamcast which havnt been touched in months.

However its fine saying the PS£ is gonna be great etc. BUt what happens when 3/4 of japans best developers have all signed to the 360....which means sony have now lost the resident evil series, final fantasy series, etc. There huge selling points in japan. And if the console isnt popular in japan it wont be popular anywhere else either.

But all thats gonna happen is the same game is gonna come out for both platforms and we wont notice a difference.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
And if the console isnt popular in japan it wont be popular anywhere else either.

Not true. The XBox flopped in Japan, but look how it did in the rest of the world