ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Who is buying a PS3 on launch, or has already preordered one? If the latter, what price did you pay?

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
I did pre order one deposit of £150 but have got it back as they have changed release date to march thus changing the contract. Just ordered a 360 - to be honest ps3 games will be the same as ps2!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Revels106 said:
Dude, you do realise its been put back to March?

No. When did this happen? While I was away? Damn, but at least it gives me time to save some more, and play a bit more of PES6 :D

Yup. March for the UK. USA and Japan still get the original release date!

I cant wait for PES6! Except I'll have a next-gen version! ;)

Golf R soon...
I think I will wait for the PS3 to be released as I want to play all the sequels for the games I have at the min :D

Sony can kiss my bum if they want :)
But im going to be sticking with my modded xbox ( 500 games :) )

I have never really liked PS1 PS2 and Prob wont even play ps3 untill 2009

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
ajketley said:
I did pre order one deposit of £150 but have got it back as they have changed release date to march thus changing the contract. Just ordered a 360 - to be honest ps3 games will be the same as ps2!

you will not be disapointed with the 360. had mine 5 months and the jump from the xbox is phenominal.

Monaro VXR
spirez said:
How can you just not like a console? Surely it's the games that count?

Because once you buy one with a game you have spent £500 on a console. That to me is a waste of money.

Especially when a lot of the developers who made the great games for the PS2 are signed up to the 360 now. Including square etc so Final Fantasy series will be on the 360. GTA is on the 360 as well.

The new Gran Tourismo just looks crap in screenshots, Blu Ray means nothing as the 360 can quite easily be upgraded to use an external blu ray drive.

And most of the big games are all cross platform anyway so it makes no difference.

I would consider a PS3 at some point if it ever has anything to offer over a PC, which I doubt it will. The only attraction is the CPU, but time will tell how good it is in practical terms. If I was in the market for a console just now, I'd choose x360 any old day of the week :approve:

CJ

Blue ph1 172
But aren't the games for ps3 locked to one console once they're played on it?

cjtheman said:

How can they be? Are the disks writeable? How would the disk know if it's been in your machine before you take it to a friends house?

Monaro VXR
cjtheman said:

Heard somethign like that which is just a stupid idea as then theres no way of buying pre owned games. Im cheap i wont buy new games often i just wait for the pre owned ones.

Only way i can see if working is if the machiens are connected to the net all the time and they have individual codes they send and relate to the serial of the console.

Roy Munson said:
How can they be? Are the disks writeable? How would the disk know if it's been in your machine before you take it to a friends house?

Wouldn't be to hard to write a File to the game then make it 'Un-writeable'
wouldn't have to be Re-writeable just a normal cd that hasn't been data sealed.

I think ;-)

well they could just supply each disc with a serial number that you have to submit before you can play the game then its registed to your machine id for life

Mk2 Golf GTI
wozzaa said:
Because once you buy one with a game you have spent £500 on a console. That to me is a waste of money.

Especially when a lot of the developers who made the great games for the PS2 are signed up to the 360 now. Including square etc so Final Fantasy series will be on the 360. GTA is on the 360 as well.

The new Gran Tourismo just looks crap in screenshots, Blu Ray means nothing as the 360 can quite easily be upgraded to use an external blu ray drive.

And most of the big games are all cross platform anyway so it makes no difference.

i was referring to him saying he didn't like PS1 and PS2

Rob_887 said:
Wouldn't be to hard to write a File to the game then make it 'Un-writeable'
wouldn't have to be Re-writeable just a normal cd that hasn't been data sealed.

I think ;-)

I'm no expert but I can't see the games being on writeable media?

Either way, a year after it's released, A-list PC shooters will be handing it its ass on a plate, so I'm not bothered ;)

Last edited:
Roy Munson said:
I'm no expert but I can't see the games being on writeable media?

Me neither, But i am a expert :) lol
Either way it would be a stupid idea making games only work on one system.
That would half there sales (IMO)

ff 182
DON'T know how true it is but it's going around some forums that sony are going to charge you for playing demos in the games shops, around 80..85 pence per person per go..if it's true then sony can say goodbye to my sale..will try and get the links for you like i say it's just whats going round the forums ...dont take my word for it..old saying smoke without fire!!

Mk2 Golf GTI
So many of these are probably rumours started my xbox and nintendo fanboys to try and destroy the PS3's reputation!

f**k speculation, see what goes down on release date.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
tbh i think alot of this internet gossip is being started by people who are really against sony eg games that only play once, come on think first lol. everyone sees this as absolutly daft and if they did implement it would be a massive mistake. and any employee of sony would surly see this.

theres still alot of ps3 games id like to play and when you consider the final prices havent been released yet, think about how much extra you need to spend on a 360 to give it things like wifi HD/BD live ect.

£280 - console
£50 - wifi
£90 - HD
£40/year - live subs
-------
£460

iirc the ps3 price release was not much more than that with a 60gig hard drive?
if sony keep there net play subscription free.
from pictures of the ps3 controller it might have a built in rechargable battery, anyone know?

Im not a sony fanboy before any comments come and i also aint a big gamer. i was looking at buying a 360 but i dont think id use it much, i just find it amusing how everyone seems to be shooting the ps3 down. Yeah sony have made some big marketing mistakes, maybe should have followed microsofts example and made things optional but im going to be waiting till its released before i start judging it :)

The real winner is nintendo, theve went about this the best way possible and already looks to be paying off.

And i was pmsl at www.thisiswaiting.com

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
McBunny said:
discs that games come on arnt writeable tho they never were they are just made

Exactly they are pressed. I did read about the fact a game would be tied to a console.

I will probs get one at some point, but am not that fussed. Only real attraction was the Blu Ray drive.

jonesyx said:
£280 - console
£50 - wifi
£90 - HD
£40/year - live subs
-------
£460

The HD comes free with the £280 version. You dont need wifi and im sure Sonys version of live isnt going to be free.

White Sti Hatch
Thing is the games critcs are saying it gonna flop even the director of OPM (offical Playstation Mag) and games companys are saying that it dosnt look good...The games are extremly hard to code as well hense why many "Sony Exclusive Titles) are going Multiplatform to cut loses

And no im not a fanboy of Micro$oft or Ninty

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Revels106 said:
The HD comes free with the £280 version. You dont need wifi and im sure Sonys version of live isnt going to be free.

HD DVD. I know you dont need wifi, its mainly aimed at comments i seem to be seeing on other forums that the 360 is massivly cheaper than the 360.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Revels106 said:
i think the sony online is going to be free, apparently they are going to do the
same as last time and have the developer sof the game run the live part, not have it all run by them like with microsoft all though the individual games developers could charge for their service etc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cant wait to play PES2007 or whatever it'll be called on PS3. Apparently it will be the closest thing to real football on a console.

Revels Mum & Sister
jonesyx said:
HD DVD. I know you dont need wifi, its mainly aimed at comments i seem to be seeing on other forums that the 360 is massivly cheaper than the 360.

Well it is

Remember 100% of people ARENT bothered about HD-DVD and Blu Ray players. With the PS3 you dont have a choice, with the 360 you do.

Prime example my Newphew doesnt and wont need a HD DVD player or Blu Ray. He also doesnt need Wifi, so he is getting Premium with an Extra pad and PGR3 for £299

Now compare that to the PS3 with an Extra pad and a Game. MUCH more. You might get a Hi Def player etc BUT it wouldnt be used

RenaultSport clio 172
HD DVD Player / Blu Ray, is it that much of a requirement? You need a HD TV and HD DVD's (which arent even out yet)!

I dont see why you would want a PS3 over a 360 anyway, you get all of the same games apart from a couple think about it, Pro Evo, FIFA, GTA, Rainbow Six etc, they will be out on both!

Might aswell get a 360, hate the Sony Pad, gives me sore thumbs!

Monaro VXR
Can get 360's from toys r us currently £299 with 4 games 2 pads including PGR3 as one of the games.

Got a pack today from HMV £350 2 pads PGR3, TDU, Table tennis game and Just Cause. And because i have an HMV card i got a further £20 to spend extra on a game when i go back.