ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS4 / Pro] Gran Turismo Sport

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well they've already missed one deadline, it was supposed to be out in November. Video I watched the other day didn't seem promising in terms of sound, but the video released on Monday did sound good and look amazing.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
It looks incredible.
But will they deliver on time - No
Will it be a huge disappointment because of the sounds and the stupid stubborn Japanese people that make it. - yes

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Heads up, limited time Demo is available to download now and you can play from Monday till Wednesday

Will it be on time....no
Will it look amazing....yes
Will I buy it....probably not if you have to gain every license all over again.
Why couldn't you just transfer your licenses over from previous games. It lacks a bit of playibility for me, lost some fun along the way.

The last few of these disappeared up its own bottom if you ask me.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Been watching a few videos and it’s been slated a bit. They say the campaign single player has dramatically reduced, like the licences and the races. Same as the previous GT’s. Since this has happened I’m out, it’s mainly going to be for online. Does look really good like. I was never a fan for online driving on GT5

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I think they've always said that it isn't a full instalment, hence no "7". So I was expecting a fairly stripped version.

I've put a few hours into the demo, the licence tests are there only called something else (not entirely sure you get a licence either). Don't really see the issue with ploughing through them again. The main menu screen feels typically GT, semi confusing at first but nice to look at with some chilled out music and random car/franchise/history facts pop up inbetween the scape/car scenes which I like.

Looks good, sounds are definitely improved on the hoovers of old. AI in Arcade Mode seems to be the same as ever, where you're skipping your way through a linear field. Can't say I've seen them overtake each other yet. Using a controller it felt very twitchy on standard settings so have set it to -1 sensitivity, which feels more natural until you need to do a really tight turn. Tempted to say something in between would be better. I've got a Fanatec wheel but unsure if it will work or I'll have to get some sort of adaptor.

Livery editor seems on par with Forza, it's just a shame they're so late with it. Tarting up some of the standard models into race cars in the previous games would have been great.

Multiplayer options (not tried them yet) seem to be a lobby where you can just race your friends, or set races which start at specific times (it looks as though you could go into qualifying prior to the start time).

If the tracks I've seen in the game are the only ones in then it looks like a lot of the classics are gone (DLC...?)

RS Clio 182
Played the demo a bit - Scapes mode is awesome,can really get some stunning photos with a bit of manipulation. Some backgrounds dont really work though as the car just looks 'stuck' on whatever you do. Depends on the lighting of the invidiual photo.

Graphics in-game look really good,a step up from Pcars & AC - the lighting and skies look really realistic.

Driving wise it still 'feels' like Gran Turismo has always done - a floaty feeling on the road and the same bouncy collisions. You dont really feel in contact with the road,and cant feel the physics of the car. Just not on the same level as Pcars & AC. I thought at least this aspect wouldve been brought more to their level after all these years of development - it really needs it or it feels just so behind and dated.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have loved all the GT series so far, but as i don't think i will bother with this, Career mode and the licenses i really used to enjoy, even quirky things like the second hand dealership were you could buy used cars......

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Wonder if they have sorted the sound out this time, rather than listening to revved up dishwashers.

Listerine & Poledo
Can you do a Stage 4 Turbo on a Mazda 323F?
Or lightweight modification 3 on a Vectra GSi?

Ultimately, I'm buying this regardless.

Citroen DS3 DSport
So far I’m enjoying this when played with the T300rs wheel. Even with a pad it was much easier to drive than PC2.

RS Clio 182
Driving wise it still 'feels' like Gran Turismo has always done - a floaty feeling on the road and the same bouncy collisions. You dont really feel in contact with the road,and cant feel the physics of the car. Just not on the same level as Pcars & AC. I thought at least this aspect wouldve been brought more to their level after all these years of development - it really needs it or it feels just so behind and dated.

I take these words back - after playing the demo with the Mercedes GT3,i REALLY like the feel of the driving - feels really planted and you can really feel the weight of the car,the curbs feel superb aswell. AI seems to have improved a lot from previous GT's aswell,not a train anymore.

Dare i say - i like this better than Pcars2 atm to actually drive - its a revelation to me haha.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I take these words back - after playing the demo with the Mercedes GT3,i REALLY like the feel of the driving - feels really planted and you can really feel the weight of the car,the curbs feel superb aswell. AI seems to have improved a lot from previous GT's aswell,not a train anymore.

Dare i say - i like this better than Pcars2 atm to actually drive - its a revelation to me haha.
pad or wheel?
Stupid Sony exclusive bs gets on my tits... This is appealing just based on the cars alone!

RS Clio 182
pad or wheel?
Stupid Sony exclusive bs gets on my tits... This is appealing just based on the cars alone!

Pad mate - straight out of the box it feels good - i didnt have to change anything or the cameras like Pcars. Everything feels more 'solid' and ive got to say the graphics are top notch,easily the best on PS4. Theres a certain satisfaction in overtaking in this.

Now this is the frustration - theres too many racing games out! Pcars2,F1 2017,GT....

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Looks like there's an option to upload your own decals. I imagine I'll be spending hours messing with that.

RS Clio 182
Most impressive thing about this game is the curbs,best ive felt in any racing game. Really feels like youre making contact with the apexes and its such a satisfying feeling.
Seriously thinking about getting this next week while Pcars sorts patches out - im so surprised.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I’m enjoying the demo. Thought I’d try the DS4 motion control steering and I’m surprised to see it works very well, a good alternative for the times I cannot be bothered to setup my wheel.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Had a look last night and found this for using old wheels on the current consoles -https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

It supposedly works well, not sure if I should wait to see if anyone else reports it working well on this with my wheel setup first before buying though.

Discount code and some feedback in here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...pdate-ps3-pc-support-now-added.358306/page-13

DCi
good spot, I bought a driving force GT as it was PS3 and PC compatible so was a bit miffed when the PS4 came out and it didn't work

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
good spot, I bought a driving force GT as it was PS3 and PC compatible so was a bit miffed when the PS4 came out and it didn't work
I never understand the rationale behind selective peripheral devices working on consoles. b****cks to the licensing and any potential money-making from it.

It's self-deprecating to the industry and devs as a whole. These wheels and pedals are usually a hefty chunk of money and anything made this side of 1999 will be connected via USB. Stop being elitist. Stop being pretentious. Just openly provide the source kit for your hardware and let both the devs and the general public make the most of it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You're not a business guy are you? :smile:

Probably not. But I can clearly see when people/businesses are so far up their own arse - that they are damaging the very sales that they are trying to grow.

The fact that the likes of the Logitech G25 could work with the PS3 and of course the PC. Yet not the Xbox 360? Just stupid.

Get over yourselves (I believe in this instance it was Microsoft to blame?) and just let people develop for it.

How can you hope to get the general public willing to stump up a few hundred quid for a decent wheel - when the buyer is faced with a maybe/possibly/don’t know scenario, if his purchase actually works?

Listerine & Poledo
Because, much like Apple products, people WILL pay.
What's the alternative? A cheap one, or just use a pad? How are you going to be the big man on an internet forum like that?

Alternative?
Communism

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Had a look last night and found this for using old wheels on the current consoles -https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

It supposedly works well, not sure if I should wait to see if anyone else reports it working well on this with my wheel setup first before buying though.

Discount code and some feedback in here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...pdate-ps3-pc-support-now-added.358306/page-13

Asked on that GTPlanet link how well it works with my Fanatec on GT Sport and got a positive response so ordered one last night.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Got the DriveHub, works well. FFB was very light at first but I just set it to max in game and it's fine. You can also use a secondary controller (one needs to be plugged into the drive hub but can't be used) to navigate menus/access certain functions that your wheel might not support like changing TC/BB settings on the fly.

Liked the look of this in the beta so bought one and spent some time chasing a 911 around in arcade mode (always managed to balls the last lap up). After dropping the rear ride height a bit it was easier to drive with TC off.

attachment.jpg

With the music turned off (sound settings switched to "enhanced" or something similar) it makes lots of nice turbo sounds and the wind/tyre noise sounds great. Also think I've heard the underside scraping on kerbs a few times.

The only time the sound seems to lack is when you go into replay mode and the processed/hoover sounds seem to creep back in on the drive bys.

It seems that you have to go through all the driving tests/etc again that we did in the beta last week which is a bit meh. Credits/cars have transferred over.

DCi
I never understand the rationale behind selective peripheral devices working on consoles. b****cks to the licensing and any potential money-making from it.

It's self-deprecating to the industry and devs as a whole. These wheels and pedals are usually a hefty chunk of money and anything made this side of 1999 will be connected via USB. Stop being elitist. Stop being pretentious. Just openly provide the source kit for your hardware and let both the devs and the general public make the most of it.
I believe the device list for PS4 was relatively restricted as the PS3 was cracked by a USB device.

I might have read that but the source may well have been bs.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Fanatec CSR with H pattern shifter (not tried the sequential one yet) and Clubsport pedals.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Because, much like Apple products, people WILL pay.
What's the alternative? A cheap one, or just use a pad? How are you going to be the big man on an internet forum like that?

Alternative?
Communism
But it's not though, is it? Phones are a daily device - something that most people have within reach at all times. If I didn't like iOS so much, I'd join the Green Robot brigade - but at least there's an alternative for my phone needs. Texting, internet, calling - can all be done with other devices.

Steering wheels though, are a luxury item. Every gamer on this forum would love to have one. But just how many would justify the time spent on racing games and in turn, justify the expense in buying one? A manufacturer like Logitech will sell far more wheels being cross-platform. Microsoft won't sell more XBox's because they've gone all elitist and deny the ability of Logitech to connect to their console. Then to add insult to injury, Fanatec come in with zero f***s and support all consoles and the PC platform.

So you end up with a tentative audience (at best) - being forced to work out if their impulse purchase will work with their console, whilst at the same time thinking that the 25 minutes per week that they are currently putting into Project Cars, would even make it worthwhile. Fanatec looses out because the wheels are just so bloody expensive. People get miffed at Microsoft because some product manager thought it was too cool a platform to let peasant controllers attach to. And Logitech are left in the wings because there device that should work fine with the XBox, is being stopped by the wingnuts at Microsoft. All the while, the poor devs of the game involved in the middle of all this are just wishing that they above parties would just "SORT IT OUT".

Everyone wins when the devices like these are cross platform. It's an extremely niche market to begin with. Any restrictions or hurdles to push forward the sales across the board, should be dealt with as a priority.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
But it's not though, is it? Phones are a daily device - something that most people have within reach at all times. If I didn't like iOS so much, I'd join the Green Robot brigade - but at least there's an alternative for my phone needs. Texting, internet, calling - can all be done with other devices.

Steering wheels though, are a luxury item. Every gamer on this forum would love to have one. But just how many would justify the time spent on racing games and in turn, justify the expense in buying one? A manufacturer like Logitech will sell far more wheels being cross-platform. Microsoft won't sell more XBox's because they've gone all elitist and deny the ability of Logitech to connect to their console. Then to add insult to injury, Fanatec come in with zero f***s and support all consoles and the PC platform.

So you end up with a tentative audience (at best) - being forced to work out if their impulse purchase will work with their console, whilst at the same time thinking that the 25 minutes per week that they are currently putting into Project Cars, would even make it worthwhile. Fanatec looses out because the wheels are just so bloody expensive. People get miffed at Microsoft because some product manager thought it was too cool a platform to let peasant controllers attach to. And Logitech are left in the wings because there device that should work fine with the XBox, is being stopped by the wingnuts at Microsoft. All the while, the poor devs of the game involved in the middle of all this are just wishing that they above parties would just "SORT IT OUT".

Everyone wins when the devices like these are cross platform. It's an extremely niche market to begin with. Any restrictions or hurdles to push forward the sales across the board, should be dealt with as a priority.
It's not about selling more, it's about protecting their platform. It was Sony that was hacked on the PS3 through peripherals right?

Listerine & Poledo
It's not about selling more, it's about protecting their platform. It was Sony that was hacked on the PS3 through peripherals right?

How dare they have legitimate business reasons for not letting any old Chinese $5 tat connect to their systems.

I'm going to write to my MP about it and tell them that upwards of 4 people are disgusted about how the world works.