ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Gotta admit I would consider one just for GT7, GT Sport is decent but if they bring back the proper 'GT Mode' ala previous games then that'll sort me out. I used to be mad for Forza games but I didn't click with FH4 (after spending way too much time on FH3 and 2).

I used to play online daily but nowadays I rarely do, I've not even got a PS Plus or Xbox Live membership any more. Just like the more single-player focused games, in the past year I've enjoyed Fallen Order, AC Origins, AC Odyssey, GRID, NFS Heat and Dirt Rally 2.0 currently.

Then again I only play a few hours a week, so the new AC game will probably sort me out for a good year or so :LOL:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Gotta admit I would consider one just for GT7, GT Sport is decent but if they bring back the proper 'GT Mode' ala previous games then that'll sort me out. I used to be mad for Forza games but I didn't click with FH4 (after spending way too much time on FH3 and 2).

I used to play online daily but nowadays I rarely do, I've not even got a PS Plus or Xbox Live membership any more. Just like the more single-player focused games, in the past year I've enjoyed Fallen Order, AC Origins, AC Odyssey, GRID, NFS Heat and Dirt Rally 2.0 currently.

Then again I only play a few hours a week, so the new AC game will probably sort me out for a good year or so :LOL:

GT Sport is amazing!!

I was really apprehensive about having 'onling only' story mode. But it makes so much sense. The AI is dogshit in racing games, either way too fast or far too easy. The races I've had on GT have always been much closer and much more exciting than offline races.

You really have to give it a chance!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
i'll be buying a xbox series x and a ps5 at launch. Xbox is a far more competent media centre and the ps5 for the exclusives. If naughty dog's games, god of war, final fantasy 7 etc.. were on xbox, I wouldn't need both.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Media been busy last week saying digital xbox will massively undercut ps5 and steal sales. I've been a playstation user since day one and never touched an xbox. If they gave me one I'd not even open the box to take pics for ebay! These things have never been cheap and I don't think many would change from one to the other just to save a few ££.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I can’t wait for this. New tv and PS5 👌🏻Probably get a new headset too

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Pretty embarrassing exclusive line up on launch. When your only hype game is a remake from 11/12 years ago, ouch. Bloodborne 2 exclusivity would be the only thing that would make me buy one, majority of the best games are on PC anyway.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Will get one of these myself if they are around £500/£600, without starting a console vs PC debate this is not PC money as someone stated. That’s mid to high end Graphics card money lol.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Usually some good deals on tellys around Xmas, but the release games look pretty weak so I'm not gunna rush out and buy a PS5 on release day.

GTA Online is just insulting, I'm not spending £500+ to play that.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
9pm this Wednesday, Sony will be streaming their next event on YouTube and Twitch.

Surely this close to launch they'll be announcing prices for their SKUs and a hard release date

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Reckon an easy way for Sony to trump MS is to beat them on SSD size, 1TB is not enough these days, especially when you consider games like Warzone.
If sony come in with 2TB as standard that would be strong.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was surprised to see 820gb of storage.

No difference in storage between the digital or the blu ray version either.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm going with £349 for the digital and £399 for the disc drive equipped jobby. They have to undercut MS.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I think I'll still go for the disk version. I noticed on PS store the digital games are still dearer than the disk version.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer 449 for the non digital one. Lack of games tho and no word on backwards compatability.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I made a video about the PS5 event! Holy hell its past 3am lol!

ALL of my show notes are in the YouTube video description! Enjoy!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just had a chat with a friend of mine who is buying the PS5 Digital Edition. He has now decided to get the one with the disk drive.

Why?

Sony just announced that games for the PS5 will now cost $70! (Meaning £70 in the UK as usual...!)

So, buying the Digital Edition = unable to buy physical copies of games that are on sale / pre-owned. Realised he would end up spending more in the long run buying Digital only. The PlayStation doesn’t have Xbox GamePass so you have to buy each game you want to play, which will all add up.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Only thing I’m interested in is Far Cry, big fan of those. I will say the last one was annoying when it’d drag you into those side games with faith, had to get my son to do those as I’d have smashed it.

Last game that almost tipped me over the edge that hard was Mario Sunshine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Seems to be a huge disadvantage for Sony by not having a Game Pass-type subscription option. Nice to see the pricing isn't what was rumoured though!

I'll probably get one further down the line for the odd exclusive.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Excuse daftness. So the likes of warzone on the PS5 will be much better than on the ps4. With the refresh difference etc.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Excuse daftness. So the likes of warzone on the PS5 will be much better than on the ps4. With the refresh difference etc.

It will look better and run smoother.

It makes it a much more enjoyable experience, apart from hackers obviously 🤣

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Great stuff. Will be grabbing one and probably a new monitor too.

May not be straight away but soon after

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Sony said they will support BC for select PS4 games.

Yer they can suck my dick with that bullshit. All they had to do is allow us to play any PS disk we put in, but no. They fucked it up and dont even let you play all the PS4 games.

Sony has already lost this generation in value, backwards compatibility and performance. They only have a few exclusives on their side.