ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSN?!

Black Ops aint too bad tbh when you get into it. I find MW2 more fun though, as I get to play with the SWETy crew. Always a good laugh.

Can only have 4 letters for the clan tag. I usually roll with iFAG or SWET.

And to hear kids cry when you rpg them in the face. "waaaaaaa, why arent you sniping, wwaaaaaaa". Sorry mate, im too busy WINNING!! Yes SWET clan!!

Sounds all a bit of a joke now with PSN.

rpg'ing...the only sniping i do!

max clan tag is 4 characters....used to be CSAS....i used DP'D but now the true slags use SWET

when its back up i will be ripping OMA & DCP a whole new ass hole

DCi
Good job i used the missus e-mails for my PSN.

My brother has XBL he plays ultimate team and MW2 he always get hacked as people want all his coins on ulimate team. He had to phone Xbox last week to change his password so he could get back in, he then had to change his Msn and facebook as they hacked into that. In the past year he has been hacked 3 times.
I would suspect he has the most obvious secret question... in the world!

Right, I've heard about this kicking about over the past couple of days, but having not turned my ps3 on I haven't noticed it.

What am I supposed to be doing? Nothing and just hoping the hacking twatsticks haven't stole any of my info?

My PSN id is tied to my google account, but my google account has a different password. Good enough? or should I just change my PSN password?

Right, I've heard about this kicking about over the past couple of days, but having not turned my ps3 on I haven't noticed it.

What am I supposed to be doing? Nothing and just hoping the hacking tw*tsticks haven't stole any of my info?

My PSN id is tied to my google account, but my google account has a different password. Good enough? or should I just change my PSN password?

You can't change your PSN password as PSN is down. When it is back up change your password. If you have a debit card linked to your PSN account ring your bank, they will advise you as to whether to cancel your card or not (certain banks are, certain aren't). If you use that password for anything else, change the other accounts. Oh, if you use your "secret questions" for anything else, change them too.

Dont be planning playing this weekend folks.....

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/28/playstation-network-and-qriocity-outage-faq/

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.

fingers crossed they are only saying that as the worse case scenario :dapprove:

Dredz, I reckon it will be that long, I suspect we will get a massive firmware update and they will be doing lots of things to f**k over the people with hacked machines. Basically doing things they would like to have done in past but would have taken psn off for too long

Mountune Tractor
Got a new credit card on order yesterday and going to delete my current psn username/account when possible. Definitely an Xbox next for me though.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I miss dredz, im not too arsed about no online been playing GTA4 n now as of tuesday GT5.

Jap Box
Is this still down? Tried logging in last week I think and it errored me out, I just assumed it was my ps3 being balls again and havent turned it on since.

Pretty piss on sony's behalf really, glad I didnt pay for that PSN plus stuff now really :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just spotted this on Twitter from EuroGamer....

Sony expects to have "some" PSN services up and running "within a week from yesterday" [26th April].
That hopefully means PSN will be back in some capacity by 3rd May. But, "We want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure," Sony said this morning.

Sony turned the PlayStation Network off on Wednesday 20th April after it discovered user account information had been stolen in connection with an illegal "unauthorized intrusion" into its network.
Since then, PlayStation 3 gamers have been unable to play their games online - and some games have even been unplayable offline.
PSN has been down for a week already. If it comes back online on 3rd May, it'll have been down for two weeks.
"First off, we want to again thank you for your patience," communications boss Patrick Seybold said. "We know that the PlayStation Network and Qriocity outage has been frustrating for you. We know you are upset, and so we are taking steps to make our services safer and more secure than ever before.
"We sincerely regret any inconvenience or concern this outage has caused, and rest assured that we're going to get the services back online as quickly as we can."

Meanwhile, Sony outlined how it will better protect your data in the future.
It is enhancing security and moving its network infrastructure and data centre to a new, "more secure" location.
When PSN does come back online, users will be required to change their passwords.
Sony vowed to find the hacker responsible for last week's security breach that left 77 million PlayStation Network accounts compromised.
"We are currently conducting a thorough investigation of the situation and are working closely with a recognized technology security firm and law enforcement in order to find those responsible for this criminal act no matter where in the world they might be located," Sony said.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got a new credit card on order yesterday and going to delete my current psn username/account when possible. Definitely an Xbox next for me though.

Bit ott isn't that? If it's credit card then you're protected anyway, and with 77 million people's details, do you know what the chances of yours actually getting used are? do you know how long it would even take for you to count to a million?

The numbers are astronomical, you'd have to be really unlucky to have your details used, as long as you change your psn password, then there's nothing really more you need to worry about IMO.

If your using a credit card, you are protected, if it's a debit card, then you should probably cancel that. Just looked at my wallet purchases as my last one was using my old debit card, so it's not even valid any more.

I think people are blowing this a little bit out of proportion, the numbers are so great. Guess it's better to be safe than sorry though.

I doubt this would be any different if xbl was hacked, still only a single password with credit card details stored if you don't use prepaid cards.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh and the first lawsuit has been launched against Sony in the US, looking like a class action.

Clio 1.2 16v
I try to play Fifa but get stick from the others because they all want me to play MW2 lol il invite you to my Pro Club when were back online if you play it

I haven't been on pro club but yeah sounds good mate, i am usually a normal online friendly player or Ultimate team

Last edited:
  Mountune Tractor
Bit ott isn't that?

It is a bit OTT you're right but I didn't want to take any risks, I've had my card done before and there are plenty of horror stories out there.
As far as the XBL thing goes, over a period of time PSN/3 has become far less superior and this is the final nail for me.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Well im pretty sure you'd rather wait a week and it be secure than it happen again in a few months and be down for 2 weeks again? And saying stuff like 'they've spent the time redesigning the blog' is dumb as the web designers ain't the people gonna be fixing PSN.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
That's not the point, they're a multi billion company with hundreds maybe thousands of technicians and engineers that are unable to fix something a 19 year old nerd did.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Fair play to them for taking their time with it. May as well fix it properly and ensure everything is 100%

Fair play to them for taking their time with it. May as well fix it properly and ensure everything is 100%
Have to agree with this. Although I am firmly pro-Xbox I feel for those trying to rectify it. Can you imagine if they got everything back online and they were hit again due to something that was missed, bye bye job. Better to be safe than sorry IMO.

Yeah, they must be triple checking everything.

Like someone else said above though, I bet they're adding a few new bits to clamp down on piracy etc, perfect chance.

But the people/person that's done this, they'll try again, they'll find another way in and they'll cause more problems if they really want too.