ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puddles in my rear footwells - HELP

Hey All,

Every time it rains I go out and find there is 1cm deep puddles in my rear footwells... especially the offside (drivers side) rear footwell.

Could someone tell me what seal is letting this water in and where it's draining. I'm desperate to stop this before it causes too much damage.

260CA7E5-24EE-4F65-90C4-6832F8C0D163_zpsli7rib40.jpg

172 ph1
id guess one of the plugs under the car has came out and its getting in from there...id find it quick or it will rot!

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
My 172 would have puddles there also. Cleaned drainage holes in the front sill and changed my boot rubber seal and bone dry ever since.

Mx5
ynedese7.jpg

This is how bad mine got at one point. Try clearing the drains behind the scuttle panel as already suggested. (The drain holes are in the bottom of the wings as well. If this doesn't work then remove your carpet and the underlay stuff. You can then dry them and whilst they're out get someone else to spray the car with a hose and see where the water is getting in

Evo 5, Impreza wrx
I'll take a picture and post it later for you but if you look at your sills you will see that there is a split in them, one at the front and one near the rear.