ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pug206 GTi and 1.6 16V performance

Hi everyone...

I just want some advice,
Im looking to buy a new car and well the 172 is a bit too pricey, so ill be choosing between a 1.6 16v Dynamique or a Pug206 GTi 16v.

Can anyone give me the comparison between these two cars?

Has anyone raced a Pug206 GTi before? how fast are they??

Cheers boys!!

I agree with Wongy a 172 on import is similar in praice to a UK 206. Unless your after a import 206 172 is faster than a 206 GTi.

Chun.

CTR EK9 turbo

Hello, I raced a 206 gti a while back and toasted it quite badly definately get an import or second hand 172!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

A "brand new" mk2 Clio 172 is only £11600 from an import place near me and you can literally just walk in an get one (I have thought about it).

Now, Im sure you could find one even cheaper than that if you look on tinternet and/or did it yourself.

The 206 GTi is a very nice looking car with good performance and great handling, but it is not as quick as the 172, fact of life.

There is a new 180bhp 206 GTi on it;s way, but these will be about £15k UK price, like the Clio and it will take a while for imports to get through so youll be waiting a long time.

Have you considered a 106 GTi???

If you are only considering a 206 gti or a 1.6 clio as you originally said, then it has to be the 206 no question.

Have to agree, the 206 is a 2.0 with nearly 30bhp more than the 1.6 16v Clio. The GTi is the current 206 performance flagship and more effort will have gone into its development as its aimed at the hot hatch market.

The Clio 1.6 16v is good - but its not all that different in terms of suspension, drivetrain etc from the standard car. If you compare the Renault Sport offering with the Pug though - which you really should do to be fair - then the 172 blows the Pug out of the water.

Theres not much in it between the 1.6 16v and the 2.0ltr Pug at 0-60

PUG=8.5
1.6 16v=9.5
only a seconds difference.

So IMO go for the 1.6 16v becuase it definetly looks much N-I-C-E-R!!!!
there is no difference in the GTi and the lesser Pug models, except the spoiler and the alloys!! But 206 dont has 0/0 for looks. Id rather drive a Ford KA!!!!

But if performance is importanct to you
this can be made up by carrying out engine mods, like a full exhaust system with a manifold, and de-cat pipe, get Powerflow to sort this out!
Then get a K&N air filter. other mods are replacing the ECU, this can add a good 10bhp alone, als aftermarket cams, and pulleys will be helpful plus hoses, porting and polishing.

Do all this and your 1.6 16v will be a GTi EATING MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont be a muppet, go for the CLio!!
hope this is not too late!!!!!

i wont start, i have to resist!....deep breaths, feel the sun caressing your body.....in out in out.....phew........i think i contained it......nope i didnt...
SHUT UP!!!

Surely the off topic forum is much better for you.

ok ok, i apologise, im sorry mate......ill get my mate to slap me for ya....ohhhh, im such a naughty boy.

i wont start, i have to resist!....deep breaths, feel the sun caressing your body.....in out in out.....phew........i think i contained it......nope i didnt...
SHUT UP!!!

Surely the off topic forum is much better for you.

ok ok, i apologise, im sorry mate......ill get my mate to slap me for ya....ohhhh, im such a naughty boy.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The 206 GTi is 0-60 in 7.4secs mate, so over 2secs faster to 60mph.

Then 0-100 you will be a *long* way behind!