ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Q regarding connecting iPhone to different computers.

Ok so I'm loving my new iPhone so far, especially the camera! So much so that I will take it with me on all my trips abroad (Not roaming though!!)

My dilemma is this.....

My iMac is the main 'home' for the phone, that's where I sync it with apps/photos/videos etc.

But I travel with my MBP.....so if I have some photos on my MBP (taken with my SLR for example), how do I get them in my phone through my MBP, without setting up a new 'home' for the phone? If I sync it with iTunes on my MBP, wont it delete everything off it to sync it with the new MBP? But I would want to keep everything on the phone, just add the new photos.

I know I could use dropbox or something like that, but I would want the photos in my photos 'app'.

Is this possible? (still new to the mobile Apple products ;))

Thx

Thanks Luke, it sort of does. That page mentioned music and videos a lot, I assume the same applies to photos too. I'll have to try it I guess.

I just wanted to make sure you can connect the phone to different comps and not re-sync it to whatever comp you connect it to. So that answers that for sure :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get on the MBP, untick automatic device syncing in the iTunes settings (settings>devices), then when you plug it in, it should just open iPhoto and be done with it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I think image capture can do it.

Last edited: