ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quality of fuel

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I only have a 1.2 16v but I want to get to the bottom of this. My car runs crap (well not as well), on anything apart from vpower or the higher RON stuff (Momentum). Is this normal? It runs crap on normal BP, Total, Texaco, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda etc. When I put vPower in the car feels so much smoother and more responsive. This cannot be in my head either. Is there any particular reason as to why my Clio likes vPower? Thank you guys.

clio sport ph 1
The ecu most be advancing your ingnition ??? Can you notice this tiny bit?? It's not much I woud think??
If this is true I'll test it in my clio , already set to 6° advance.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The ecu most be advancing your ingnition ??? Can you notice this tiny bit?? It's not much I woud think??
If this is true I'll test it in my clio , already set to 6° advance.

Yes I can notice an awful lot. It pulls better, especially up hills.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
This is strange normally smaller engine cars hate the higher octane fuel as it shudent be having it TBH maybe you have a blocked injector

clio sport ph 1
I will do this and reset the adaptive function(this you can do with laptop clip etc) off my ecu. I'll put a expensive tank off V power(from belgium ) in it . Then I will watch the advance . just for fun ;)

172 Cup
I have a 172 cup and I can honestly say I notice no difference between fuels at all, I'd be very surprised if a higher octane number made a difference to a 1.2, it doesn't have the compression ratio to make use of it. Chances are its a placebo effect.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I'd never put vPower or anything similar anywhere near mine. Waste of money and good fuel haha.

HBT 172 Cup
Never noticed any difference in my cup running on boggo 95RON or Vpower, idled the same, same power, same everything! Just a lighter wallet.

Lotus Elise
I found no difference with my Trophy until it got cammed and mapped.

You can really tell the difference with the porka however.

SQ5
Of course they are, an extra £2 every 300/400 miles for the sake of det and pinking and melting a piston.

I've seen many cars having 95 put in and running badly with engine management lights on then with a tank of super put through its fine again.

172 Cup
All cars sold in the uk legally have to run on 95RON, so I wouldn't worry about damaging your engine. I think higher octane fuels work better with turbocharged / supercharged engines, as they put the fuel under more pressure than with N/A engines.

PH1 Clio 172
So out of interest as a new owner of a PH1 172 why does it recommend 98 Ron fuel as opposed to 95 on the fuel flap.Is this just a ploy or for good reason?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive always used V-Power, i tried BP Ultimate once...Hated it! I dont like Momentum (Tesco) 99 also so V-Power FTW all day long