ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about oil for service- help please

Racing Blue 182
I rang my dealer again for quotation for 12,000 mile service on my 182, they quoted me a different amount again.

Anyway, they have quoted £220.00 with fully synthetic oil

and £189.00 without normal oil.

Would you recomend fully synthetic?

Also £31 seems a big difference in cost, could i buy the oil myself cheaper than this?

What oil do you recommend?

Sorry for all da questions

clio 182 black /gold
I would put fully synthetic in but could you not buy it from some where else and tell them to use that?

Racing Blue 182
Leeshez said:
I would put fully synthetic in but could you not buy it from some where else and tell them to use that?

yeh thats what im thinking, just wondering how much it would cost, to see if its worth buying my own oil?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Fully synthetic mobil 1 oil from somewhere like Halfords is about £50. This is for a 4 litre container and a 1 litre container. Please dont do what did and forget to ask for the empties back!

Clio 197
Approx 5 litres are needed for the service.

I'd contact Debora from Total Fina, and buy 24 litres of fully synthetic ELF for approx £80 - that's under £20 for each service.

You'll not have to worry about oil for a long time.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Omar, do you do your own oil changes then? Or do you take your own oil to the garage for them to put in?

Cheers, Rob669

I always take my own oil.

4 litres of Mobil1 is about £25 @ costco.

I have been quoted 170 inc vat for the 12 K service with me supplying my own oil.