ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question about oil sump bolt on a ford KA

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Guys I no its not about the clio but here goes!

Am giving the missus car a service and a new set of filters all round. changed cabin and air filter and just have fuel and oil filters to do (aswell as oil change). first thing i tried to do was remove sump plug and let drain down (after 30 mins on motorway prior as would be nice and hot). typically the bolt was stuck and i cant get it out (have been soaking it in wd40 all morning, any ideas on getting out?)

I am prob going to have to wreck it to get it out which will mean i need to get a new bolt, i can find them in halfords (nowhere else as sunday) but dont no the one i need, anyone tell me how to find out?

cheers in advance

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
i could do that but have been on there online store to see if in stock. I dont realy want to have to take car off stands, put everything away to go there if they turn around and say have not got the one i need.

B

Bucko

What about driving your 180.6 BHP 172 Cup down there?

If it's an original Ka then the sump plug is the same plug as the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo etc of the same era.

Try phoning ahead if you're still worried though

Golf GTD Mk7
stick the socket in and give it a wack with a mallet. (you are turning the right way aren't you? ;))

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
blow torch and torque wrench later job done :D

I would drive my '180.6Bhp' cup down there but its not with me kidder, thanks anyway

Golf GTD Mk7
either it hasn't been removed in a while or someone majorly over tightened it. Glad you sorted it mate :)