ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for the Rally guys!

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
OK so the last few years I have done very little rallying and I have struggled to get a navigator when I have been able to do an event. I don't know if my lack of events puts people off but for Mull in 2016 I could not find anyone, luckily one of my son's wanted to give it a go. Surprisingly even though he had never seen pace notes before he did a good job and we had a good finish. He now can't commit as he works lots of hours and unfortunately no flexibility in his working. I have even never managed to get anyone for 12 cars or road rallys even though I have won events outright and championships.
Now looking towards 2018 when I will have more time to do events. Hopefully the northern tarmac championship and Mull (if its running).
I really don't know the best way to find a navi, local club are all auto test boys and other clubs are miles away or full of idiots.
I have previously advertised on brf with no luck. I don't have Facebook or any other media no do I wish to do so.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

T

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Try and get to a different motorclub and see if anyone there would be interested.
Ive had mates codrive / nav for me and ive sat in with them too.
For IOM my codriver had to pull out so the organisers put an Ad on their Facebook page and thats when Angus volunteered so I was very lucky there.

I like the idea of co-driving but I am a terrible passenger and I don't understand how people don't get massively car-sick when trying to read pace notes while being flung around :D lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I've been trying to get some of my friends to give it a go, as I'd rather have a mate in the car for my first couple, just have a bit of a laugh while we learn the ropes. The cost of the required gear puts most of them off now though.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Yes the gear is expensive. I have hired helmets and hans last event and it was £48 I think for 2 sets.

406 V6, Race Buggy
For those that get motion sickness - and it's very common with navs, even people that are normally fine, trying to read pace notes in a race car flat out is terrible - one, make sure you keep hydrated, even a little bit low on water and your balance will start to go in the car, and two, eat a couple of banana's for breakfast and between stages - being rich in potassium it helps stave the feeling of sickness away. If you ever go to watch a french Tout Terrain event there'll be more banana's in the paddock than an Anne Summers party - because the terrain is rough as hell and it'll make even us lot that have done it for years a bit dizzy after a day or two.

Mazda mps
Navs are getting hard to come by. I am lucky for Mull I have a great Nav but he doesn't want to do single venue stuff. I would try other clubs near as ther must be some more sensible people who want to give it a go.
There is a co-driver page on face book that might be worth a look.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Cheers thanks I may just have to get my son to look on Facebook for me. Do you know what the group is called?