ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question on engine cleaning

my car has a fibre glass bonnet held down with pins and has a bit of a gap where the rain and general weather can get into the engine bay. its now looking a bit weathered like and i wanna clean it back up. got myself a tube of autosol. should i just rub this over or any other recommendations etc. want it to look spanky.

thanx dudes

Black Gold 182
I'm yet to do mine, but when I do I will be using Autoglym Engine and Machine degreaser agitated over the engine bay with a brush. However before you even start this make sure filter opening, sparks, battery terminals are covered up with a bag/cling film as you will need to carefully hose off the bay after.

So once all the crud is shifted, carefully hose off with a gentle stream of water - no pressure washers! Then give the whole bay a spray with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care and hey presto it should look pretty bling once dry!

If you want a more in depth explanation of how to do your engine bay or any other bit of your car, try www.detailingworld.co.uk - there are several cliosporters on the forums there, and its a well run, informative and friendly site.

there's no grease at all anywhere. its just more weathered really. hence y i need an abrasive stylee polish

106 GTi
Metal Poilsh on the Metal Work.

Vinyl and Rubber Dressing on the Plastics and Rubber parts.

Normal Polish and Wax on painted parts.

ok using wire brush. wet and dry of various grades, autosol and a lot of time and elbow action i so far got it from -

mank.jpg

to looking like this -

clean.jpg

Turbos.
Nice job Ben. Didn't you have a green valver?

You could get it (carefully) steam cleaned. It will sort out the nasty grimey plastic.

yea i did have THE ONLY green valver. lol

i gonna silicon hose it all in blue too. its gonna look a hell of a lot better when i finished!