ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question re fitting Pure Motorsport top mounts to coilovers

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Hoping to get my new Pure Motorsport mounts fitted first thing tomorrow morning but have a question hopefully somebody can answer for me.

The kit comes with a spacer that sits between the spring hat and the mount. Is the spacer still needed when fitting the mounts onto coilovers because in the case of my Bilstein B14 coilovers, the spring hat already has quite a 'dome' to it which means that combined with the spacer takes up quite a lot of the threads.

I know pics would be helpful to expain what I mean and I'll try to post up later but hopefully somebody who has fitted these to coilovers will know what I mean from the description.

Cheers.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
i'm assuming the bush is there to provide clearance so the bearing can rotate.
if the threads come out the other side of the top nut there is no problem(as long everything is tight), and the weight of the car will compress the spring a little.

172 Cup
I have pms top mounts with bilsteins, I used the spacer, from memory its essential when fitting them. Got a pic somewhere.