ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions regarding brake fluid change on 182?

This is something that I will be having done very soon by a mechanically minded friend as I know nothing!!

Does the fact that it has ABS make any difference in the technique to bleeding the brakes?

My mate knows older Ford cars very well but hasnt actually bled brakes on an ABS model so im just checking that there is any other info I may need??

I have checked through the search button and found a guide where the person says to use 2L of fluid in the process to bleed the brakes, I only have 1L is that ok? Could someone give me a brief run down of what needs to be done on a 182 just so I dont encounter any problems along the way... Cheers

Rob.

Nope no issue with it being ABS just make sure they bleed the rear lines for ages as there a lot of piping for air to forum it I usualy leave it a good 30 seconds after a good stream strats flowing.

Your mate should know what to do if you've done a search you'll have fine numerous times I've wrote how to do it. You can just use 1 liter yep I always like having a spare though but there no need realy. Just if you run out its a bugger.

clio 182 FF
Im doing the same with my service coming up changing everything from barke lines to pads and disk, what I want to know is , is it fine running on dot 5.1 brake fluid on a daily basis or is it really intended for track use only? if so will i just stick to dot 4? Mind you I do tend to drive my car quite hard even on the roads.

Im doing the same with my service coming up changing everything from barke lines to pads and disk, what I want to know is , is it fine running on dot 5.1 brake fluid on a daily basis or is it really intended for track use only? if so will i just stick to dot 4? Mind you I do tend to drive my car quite hard even on the roads.

Don't use 5.1 its race only fluid needs changing loads.