ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Camber Qusetion!

172 Ph2
I got my FK coil-overs fitted last week and when setting the camber I lined the edge of the strut (the plate part with the holes in it) with the edge of the hub (if that makes any sense!). This gave me a decent guide allowed me to set them the same either side. Having set the ride height and driven the car it seems to drive pretty well. I guess I should really get the camber checked properly but is this nessesary? There seemed enough adjustment in the holes but will I need camber bolts? They are FK highsports and it's on a 172 ph2. I don't mind having a ride out if there is somebody who can check and adjust this for me;)

SLK 350
I run Konigsports mate, I too set the camber up "by eye" using whatever measurements I could use to get it spot on - however it wasn't possible.

If you've spend a few bob on some coils, then IMO it's worth spending another £40-£100 to get the alignment/tracking and camber spot on, otherwise you're never going to enjoy them fully.

So in answer to your question, go get them setup properly. Depends what camber you want to run too, I think standard camber is something like 0.4neg, anything above 1.0neg is going to cause pretty harsh tyre wear if you do many miles.

172 Ph2
Yeh, I'd like to set them up pretty close to standard really! Anybody know somebody in and around Oxfordshire that can check and adjust camber???

SLK 350
Northampton Motorsport will do a proper job of setting them up, but it would cost you a bit.

Any garage though with laser or infrared tracking and alignment should be able to set it up for circa £50 (with alignment too). Only the fronts are adjustable.