ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Detail - Megane R26 with Zymol Glasur

Megane R26
Okay, so after a chaotic morning at work, I spent the past couple of hours de-stressing, giving my car a quick detail, so that I could use my new pot of Zymol Glasur, which I received from Monza yesterday (thanks again Eamonn!)

I was also keen to try out two other new products - Clearkote Vanilla Mousse Hand Glaze and Pinnacle Black Onyx Tyre Dressing.

So, I:

- Cleaned tyres and arches with G101 and various brushes
- Wheels with Duragloss 901 and Dodo Juice Captain Crevice
- Bodywork cleaned with Duragloss 901
- Dried with CG MD

I then set about cleansing the paintwork ready for a new wax. I'd clayed my car recently, so there was no need to re-clay so soon, but I did have a few tar spots, which Tardis dealt with effortlessly.

I then went on to Lime Prime via Rotary and Sonus SFX2 pad to cleanse the paint thoroughly. I followed this up with CK VMHG by hand on a CK MF Applicator, then finially topped this with 1 layer of Zymol Glasur.

I applied Planet Polish WS&S to my alloys, and used the Pinnacle Onyx on my tyres. I then finished with a Field Glaze wipedown.

Some finished pics:

P1020588.jpg

P1020592.jpg

P1020589.jpg

P1020590.jpg

P1020596.jpg

P1020591.jpg

Overall, I was very pleased with the finish - my personal best yet on my own Silver car. I'd forgotten what a pleasure Glasur was to use. I think I'm finally happy with a wheel combination too - I've tried EVERY tyre dressing now, and this gives me the best look, and if it lasts, it will be my main dressing. I've also tested a LOT of wheel sealants recently, and none match the PP WS&S for looks, and with a couple of layers it lasts very well too.

It still needs properly correcting, but that will have to wait for another day when I have more time!

Thanks,
Russ.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Looked clean enough to me alredy when i saw you going past bentley green the other night bout 5pm :D

Megane R26
Ahh, I wasn't really paying attention, I think you may have flashed me too?

I'll wave next time :D

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
looks awesome, love reading detailed threads.

sorry to hijack but what can i do to help get swirls out without a machine polisher?
when i clean my car it looks great then when its in direct sunlight its swirl city!

Megane R26
looks awesome, love reading detailed threads.

sorry to hijack but what can i do to help get swirls out without a machine polisher?
when i clean my car it looks great then when its in direct sunlight its swirl city!

Not much you can do really, best hope is to try and fill them, but even this is very limited. Try SRP or Poorboys Black Hole.

Or, pay me £99 to do it for you :)

Russ.

120d M Sport
Finish looks very crisp but where are the full car shots mate:clown:? I'll look forward to seeing it in person later!

Pinnacle tyre gel is the business isn't it.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
I've never done any if I'm honest. Why, do they need attention?

not atm, only just been done. could use some protection maybe.
in a month or 2 il prob look into getting my paintwork sorted so ill defintly bare you in mind. your threads are great and pretty local too.

Megane R26
Thanks Josh :)

Ben - I'll hold you to that. I'll call Forge tomorrow and see what they are saying.