ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question regarding fitting other alloys

Renault Clio 182
So i'm looking into the idea of keeping my Rota Grids from a Ford Fiesta ST, and putting them onto my Clio 182.

I've asked a couple people and tried to look around, i've come to the conclusion that I need to purchase something along the lines of "KTR Race Wheel Stud Conversion Kit" to convert from bolts to studs, then purchase a set of wheel spacers which double up as adapters to change the PCD from "4x100" to "4x108" (From what i've seen they will be 20mm spacers because of being adapters).

I correct in this being what I would need to do or are there any alternatives?

PFA
S3pe2kn.jpg

Thanks for any assistance from someone with a bit more knowledge than me 😅

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What size are they? Also there's a thread about spacers somewhere that you might want to read through as it will give you the best idea of how thick to go for depending on the offset of your wheels. I still think selling bikes them and buying a set of 15's with the correct offset and pcd would be better though.

By the time you've shelled out for custom adapters and a stud kit it'll probably work out the same. Messing around with adapters etc is a pain, just get the correct wheels.

Renault Clio 182
By the time you've shelled out for custom adapters and a stud kit it'll probably work out the same. Messing around with adapters etc is a pain, just get the correct wheels.
Well a new set of Rota Grids & tyres is easily £600+. If I buy a set of wheel spacer adapters and the stud kit it's less than £300

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You wont be able to fit a stud conversion and fit different PCD spacers on top as the holes won't line up for the studs.

The spacers you want are the ones that bolt (flush fit bolts) to your original hubs and then new bolts that go through your wheel into this spacer.

Renault Clio 182
You wont be able to fit a stud conversion and fit different PCD spacers on top as the holes won't line up for the studs.

The spacers you want are the ones that bolt (flush fit bolts) to your original hubs and then new bolts that go through your wheel into this spacer.
So i'd only be looking for a specific spacer adapter if I wanted to put these wheels onto the clio, and the stud conversion is pointless for what i'm looking for?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
So i'd only be looking for a specific spacer adapter if I wanted to put these wheels onto the clio, and the stud conversion is pointless for what i'm looking for?

Correct mate. For a stud conversion to work it would have to go through and line up with the holes on the spacer and if your putting a different PCD spacer on it obviously wont line up.