ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Question Regarding Running 2 Screens (easy)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Me again!

Just a quick one this time (my previous issue fixed its self)
rolleyes.gif

Basically I want to know, when running the macbook with 2 screens that are not mirrored, is there any way to watch a movie on one screen (ie my TV) and carry on browsing the net on my mac?

Only reason I ask is everytime I put a movie on full screen on my TV then go back to my macbook, it comes out of full screen everytime I click on something on the internet
frown.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

(If anyone knows a FAQ about dual screens feel free to link me up as I can't find one
frown.gif
)

Go cry to your momma!
I've been looking into this mate, I've been trying to use iPlayer on my TV whilst carrying on surfing on my MBP but as soon as I click anything on my MBP, iplayer goes back to normal size :(

Doesn't seem like there's any fix for it either..only reason I bothered to buy a MDP>HDMI adapter too lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What screen?

Download Cinch for the Mac. It lets you open two windows on the screen, side by side.

I have 4od on one half, CS on the other now.

Go cry to your momma!
I don't think you get the setup Christopher?

it's MBP to TV/HDMI as an extended monitor..I want to watch iplayer/itv player and so on, on my extended monitor and carry on with whatever on my MBP.

Guess the boosh is trying to achieve the same?

I have read that VLC allows it with a mod but that's no use for flash based stuff. I was thinking of giving plex a whirl?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
yeah its the flash players thats the issue here.

have you tried?

playing 4od in full screen on one independent screen in firefox.

then browsing in safari on the main screen?

In theory as you click about in safarai it shouldnt trip up firefox playing in fullscreen.

Go cry to your momma!
That's what I did but visa versa - iplayer in safari on extended monitor and browsing in firefox on my MBP - no joy :(

Abarth 500 Essesse
I have the same thing using VLC in full screen, sends the MBP screen black and then if you click anywhere it goes off full screen.