ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question

172 cup
Center section has snapped by the back box, lucky my brother lend me his for now as it was very loud!!..

looking to get a stainless steel catback from ktec.

so just after a few answers before i get one.

i don't want the exhaust to be very loud as i travel on the motorway daily but want to have a nice sound

KTR stealth ? or http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088&appid=2
KTR stealth super quiet? http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3937&appid=2

are these loud loud!!?

​thanks!!

172 Cup
I have the non-silenced version on my Cup and it does tend to get a bit boomy at motorway speeds. Sounds fine round town and sounds amazing when pushing hard but can be a bit of a drag on a long journey. Not herd the silenced version so cant comment on that.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
I have the non-silenced version on my Cup and it does tend to get a bit boomy at motorway speeds. Sounds fine round town and sounds amazing when pushing hard but can be a bit of a drag on a long journey. Not herd the silenced version so cant comment on that.

This. I love my Ktec super sport but it does get loud on the motorway. It won't be on the road much longer though so I'll put up with it!

172 cup

​The non silenced one is the link above ?

172 Cup
  Ph 1 172
Seriously get the super quiet one!!!!! I've had a ktec stealth for about 4 years now supersports on and silenced center section one..... Both are ok when driving around town or giving it some beans but on a motorway at 70mph I'd kill myself if I had to put up with it on a regular basis. It's got a awful drone to it at 70mph and boomy as well proper s**t motor way exhaust

172 cup
Seriously get the super quiet one!!!!! I've had a ktec stealth for about 4 years now supersports on and silenced center section one..... Both are ok when driving around town or giving it some beans but on a motorway at 70mph I'd kill myself if I had to put up with it on a regular basis. It's got a awful drone to it at 70mph and boomy as well proper s**t motor way exhaust

Cheers guys, think I'm gonna get the super quiet.. Don't want my ears bleeding daily !

edit : anyone just got the KTR stealth non super sports ? Or has the super quiet.
?

Last edited:
  Ph 1 172
I've also got the non supersports (one with the silencer in mid section) it's quieter up to 40 no f**king difference as far as I can tell at 70 though