ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question

How do you get this switch out?!

Seriously, been at it for 20 minutes! I'm trying to get all the nasty coating off and this switch is holding me up. Looks like there is two bits to squeeze at the sides but they hardly go in at all. Car trim is the work of the devil!

DSC00017.JPG
DSC00018.JPG

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I remember having a similar fight with mine. When it did eventually pop out I was convinced I must have broken it.

It's horrible stuff to try and get off! Like a sprayed on glue / rubber coating. I've soaked in 'elbow grease' and given it a lot of my own elbow grease and a lot of scratching with my thumb nail. Hands are like prunes. Some of it is stubborn AF. Probably should have just bought new. The centre dash will be a nightmare. I might just have all of that flocked. I was looking and found these - https://www.flock-speed.co.uk/
Looks good.

Last edited:

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I did the center dash with IPA (not the beer).
It takes some scrubbing, and you need to be careful you dont use anything too abrasive as the blue sparkly paint underneath is not that hard.
Also mask off the rest of the dash as the IPA will take the shine off the plastics.
Very hot water and a degreaser (dishwasher tablet) will also work on the handles
But i found this stuff did the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WLAS9W8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

BG 182
Scrape the sticky crap off with an old bank card or similar then take whats left off with elbow grease spray cleaner on a microfibre cloth. Its a bit tedious but much better than soaking in water etc.

Better just going to the scrappy and getting a pair of non rs door handles, cost you about £3
Looks like the best option for sure. I managed to get most of it off, and I'm going to try and get the rest off with Iso, but even then they will probably need keying, priming and painting. Would rather some hard plastic factory ones, were they all the same in all mk.2's?

DSC00020.JPG
DSC00021.JPG

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yes they're all the same. If you're going to a breakers you can also get panels from the center console.

That's the one then. There's a couple local scrappers and a big one in Levenshulme. I'll go and see what I can find tomoz. Hopefully find a decent sub and amp too, bought some new door speakers and a head unit all Pioneer.

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Soak the sticky rubber coated interior parts in Dettol overnight and the coating just dissolves.

Last edited: