ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quiet exhaust? ph1 172

audi a6 3.0tdi
My Blueflame died today after nearly 4 years so i either need a back box or possibly if i can find a quiet system thats not restrictive i'd go for that.

I don't want a yozza sport as its two raspy and the one my mate fitted looked like a rage universal backbox.

It runs well and sounds good with no back box so i was tempted to just get the pipe extended out the back but i'm worried about emmisions lol.

Any suggestions?

audi a6 3.0tdi
oh its is loud now but it sound good with it as it pops and bangs. It only fell of as i went to trade it in today.

audi a6 3.0tdi
not quite that bad but it makes people jump. I went past a couple of coppers and didn't get pulled so it can't be that bad.

audi a6 3.0tdi
near standard volume is good you can drive faster with out drawing attention to yourself. The clio gets too much attention from the police as it is.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I can drive my vectra quicker than the clio due to the fact i draws absolutly no attention to its self.

Clio's must be the new nova with the amount of police attention i get in mine.

Is it the BTB that is quiet then or the yozza stealth?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
BTB is not o.e quiet, there is some 'note' but not loads. The Yozza is supposed to be very quiet!

audi a6 3.0tdi
thats good to know thank you. I've just posted to see if anyones got a standard system knocking about as i want to sell up anyway. If i do have to buy one i'll look into both of those.

320d
Are you keeping the car or not Chris. I'd just get the cheapest one possible if your not.

I threw a good standard system away when I got my ktec. I had nowhere to put it because my dad wouldn't let me keep it in the shed lol I'd have given you that.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'm getting a standard system of jon ff if i can get it to fit. Its a shame about your old one it would of been perfect

The car is going i'm set on an mr2 they are great to drive.