ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quife ATB

CLIO 182
Hi All,

I just fitted the quaife atb. and really it's a huge improvment over the stock diff. I don't know about other lsd but this one is really is a great value for the money.

CLIO 182
the atb costed about 1000 pounds , and I paid for the fitting 250 pounds :) but that is because I live in dubai I guess in the uk it will be around 800-1000 for the fitting.

but really this is a must if you want to push the car to the limits.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
like most things for the rs its overpriced, but together with shortened gear ratios a very good mod.

FF 182 TURBO
the atb costed about 1000 pounds , and I paid for the fitting 250 pounds :) but that is because I live in dubai I guess in the uk it will be around 800-1000 for the fitting.

Mine is 1000 for the LSD and fitting around 300. iv taken out my gearbox myself so iv just sent the gearbox off to getthe LSD fitted. :D

Lionel Richie
appologies you can't get it from quaife that cheap (its 895+vat from them)

i think it must've been Tweeks

RSC 182 Cup

So does the Quaife increase understeer as some have suggested or does it increase traction around corners? If it allows you to bury the foot around a corner I'm sooo looking into this. Sick of feathing the throttle to almost nothing cause of massive power understeering.

an atb or torsen only works with torque loading on both sides, and i dont like the way they drive.

they are maintenence free though essentially, but i dont like them.

172 Cup (track) FS
an atb or torsen only works with torque loading on both sides, and i dont like the way they drive.

they are maintenence free though essentially, but i dont like them.

can you explain more about your dislikes Ben ?

this upgrade sounds ideal from a track perspective having read the Quaife blurb.

Why don't you like the way they drive Ben?

Keep in mind this is the same type of diff fitted to the Megane R26 and DC2 Integra Type R - all of which got excellent reviews for handling/traction.

I just dont like they way they exacerbate understeer.

The diff always searches 50/50 split as its working on torque, not speed difference between wheel.

Might aswell just weld the diff.

And stock cars use them because they are seal for life items, it would cost too much to use a plate type diff and service it and make too much noise.

gripper is a brand.

plate wear depends on preload, ramp rates, material and how abusive you are driving.

172 Cup (track) FS
so for that sort of money what testing would Quaife have done with their product ? I thought their ATB diffs were supposed to be spot-on, but people are saying that they're no good for true performance applications ?

Lionel Richie
they gave 5 units to various people, one of whom was k-tec

one of the 5 people managed to break their unit, so they redesigned something or other

I dont know anybody who races with one personally, but there must be people who do.

Probably better for drag racing than circut.

CLIO 182
for me this is me second atb that i buy, first one was on an astra gsi. I've been driving on it for the last week. and really the diffrence is impressive.