ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P clio 172 cup

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Well after 5yrs, 90K+ miles and lots of of great memory's its time to retire her.

final resting place.....
20140625_210809.jpg

As a replacement i fancied another gti as i absolutely loved my last one, they are great little nippy cars that handle extremely well. I wasn't to bothered about straight line performance as i have my nova turbo for that lol. So my mind was made up and i went to see a few, all of which turned out to be munters even though most were described as immaculate etc etc lol. Then i found this about 40 miles from my house, agreed a price with the seller and drove her away the next day.

Here she is....
57_1.jpg

57_2.jpg

57_3.jpg

57_6.jpg

Only current mods are:

Slightly lowered about 35mm i believe
Gti-6 front calipers and discs
206 gti rear calipers and discs
Aftermarket wheels

Other than that its in very good original condition.

Future mods:

4 branch manifold
decat pipe
Possibly pugsport catback but im liking it quiet atm so will see about that.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
cambelt snapper?

Engine is actualy quite sweet for 140k. Tbh not a great deal wrong it just need some tlc and new leads and coil pack. Just going to break it for parts, keep the subframe wish bones, cup alternator setup etc etc so i can convert a ph1 to cup setup when i find a decent one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. Cracking little thing.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Gti? I'm out of touch.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd have been happy at that price although I prefer the facelifted ones per se.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
She's a bit rough round the edges atm but mechanically spot on, drives like a dream tbh. Will be getting a respray when my mate gets round to doing it for me. will probably start the prep after summer as she always comes off the road for wnter anyway so a perfect time really.

20140610_153304.jpg

20130707_120831.jpg

20140513_200246.jpg

Megane R26
I have a slash tip Pugsport lying around if needed,

£120+ postage, super raspy and plenty of pops and bangs.
IMAG0619-1.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
106 looks so clean and by far the best colour... wish mine looked that good but considering the amount of cones, barriers and kerbs I have bashed it off sprinting in the last few months I don't see the point in having a clean one considering it might end up going forest rallying next year.

As for the Nova that is stunning, I have just finished helping my friend put a 106 gti lump in his nova for rallying. Much cheaper than Vaux engines to tune if you only want around 160bhp.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Pug looks good mate. Always had a soft spot for them since my mate had a moonstone blue one. Very capable little cars with the right mods

106GTI / NovaC20LET
106 looks so clean and by far the best colour... wish mine looked that good but considering the amount of cones, barriers and kerbs I have bashed it off sprinting in the last few months I don't see the point in having a clean one considering it might end up going forest rallying next year.

As for the Nova that is stunning, I have just finished helping my friend put a 106 gti lump in his nova for rallying. Much cheaper than Vaux engines to tune if you only want around 160bhp.

I find the issue with xe/let motors is finding the parts rather than price of them. I always try and buy any tasty spares i can that pops up ready for the imminent failure of vaux parts lol.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Pug looks good mate. Always had a soft spot for them since my mate had a moonstone blue one. Very capable little cars with the right mods

Moonstone is a very nice colour! my fav prob has to be sundance though! awesome colour when well looked after.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Great looking GTI as a replacement :) Keep us posted with updates to it!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I could be persuaded to let the cup go to a new home if someone wanted to save it. Bring some wheels coil pack and leads and she would drive away lol. Not really a tempting proposition for a potential buyer though lol so will most likely just get broken.

FF Racing Blue 182
that nova is a beast ! i had a 106 gti showing me they had a loud pedal the other day. nice car fella it looks good.

Wow, awesome to see it on the forum again. Was absolutely mint when I bought and owned it. Seriously, properly mint. The only car I've ever really regretted getting rid of.
Make it standard again ffs!

8725520513_fa8084d62b_b.jpg

Interesting that someone has upgraded the already upgraded brakes though...
Had essentially brand new 206 GTI callipers, discs and pads when I sold it.

8726638462_c752df0539_b.jpg

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Wow, awesome to see it on the forum again. Was absolutely mint when I bought and owned it. Seriously, properly mint. The only car I've ever really regretted getting rid of.
Make it standard again ffs!

8725520513_fa8084d62b_b.jpg

Interesting that someone has upgraded the already upgraded brakes though...
Had essentially brand new 206 GTI callipers, discs and pads when I sold it.

8726638462_c752df0539_b.jpg

Not sure why the brakes have been changed to gti6 tbh if they were already uprated, all i know is it stops likes there's no tomorrow lol. I want some raptors for it but the gti6 brakes wont fit under so will have to see about that one.

Yeah, TBH even the standard setup was more than enough to stop the thing, I just liked how big the 206 brakes looked behind the tiny wheels. How many miles is it on now? Think I sold it on roughly 80k

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Yeah, TBH even the standard setup was more than enough to stop the thing, I just liked how big the 206 brakes looked behind the tiny wheels. How many miles is it on now? Think I sold it on roughly 80k

Nearly 95k. how long ago did you own it? got any horror stories for me? lol

Bloody hell, must have been 2011 when I sold it! Exhaust fell off when I had it, but it was fine other than that. Had a new passenger side hub iirc and some arb drop links, and possibly track rod ends, can't remember now! Oh and I renewed the gearbox oil too. Owned it for around 6 months before moving onto something RWD. Was an awesome car though!