ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 with Cup Spoiler

Golf R
i have ordered my 197 to have it on. without it it just looks like something is missing.

yeah i agree it looks naked without a spoiler on... i went for this though, much more subtle :

DSCF0532.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm not bothering on mine. (i think lol) Now its nice and looow, the diffuser sits much closer to the floor which imo makes it look interesting enough. Only the white 197's get away with the Cup spolier.

VRS
not keen, much prefer DJe's spoiler (pic below)

although looking at it, it looks like Funkymonkey has the same one :D

not sure about the 19's in the below pic though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Indeed. I love it, close to Mondial in some lights ;) Those wheels are horrifc though!!!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
I agree it looks a bit odd and bare without anything, having seen those photo's I don't think the cup spoiler looks right either.

This liquid yellow has the answer

DSCF0530.jpg

looks superb IMO

Turbo LY R27
I love it mate. There is a LY R27 in clio197.net that has the spoiler. Im gettin one on mine as soon as i can afford it. Dont no why people dont like it that much? With the amount of crap and halfrauds bits people have put on there motors (including people that have commented on this thread), that think it looks good baffles me. :S Oh well each to there own.

They look so much better in the flesh, really sets it off.:)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
NOTHING is subtle about a liquid yellow car ffs ;)

Veering madly off topic - what does everyone think of the 19s shod 197?

apu47havb8w38b3id.jpg

aq1pn4rq5yy8blc6n.jpg

24024186xb8.jpg

aq1po31n9z8v0uju7.jpg

I'm really undecided on the wheels, a bit chrome for my tastes, perhaps a Rota or Superleg would have been better? I can't argue with that ride height though, and the drilled discs are lovely (although the 19s make them look tiny hehe!), and as for the carbon diffuser, well, awesome :) Reading from the thread, cost about £350 and is the original diffuser layered and sealed with real carbon fibre sheets. So purely a show item, no lighter, but I still think it's cool hehe.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I have this spoiler fitted to my rb r27, it was on the car when i bought it and wasnt sure at first, but now really like it - think it finishes the rear end off :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^^

Did you just buy it? Saw one on Pistonheads in RB with the spoiler the other day, me and my mate had like a 2 hour conversation on MSN about whether we liked it or not and concluded that it almost certainly looked good in the flesh and pictures didn't do it justice heh.

Personally for me, I'd have to see one in the flesh, but the gut instinct says I prefer the 1.2 Turbo spoiler FunkyMunky and that blue 197 have.

Dan