ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R35 GTR

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Getting on well with the car. Miss the 911 but it’s a good compromise.

Mpg is not as good sitting at 18mpg vs 24mpg for the 911 but I’m not particularly bothered by the decrease.

Ceramic coating makes my life so much fooking easier it’s unreal.

This is a dirty pic for me 😂

I do miss the manual but this is still very good and fairly analogue compared the current offerings which is hilarious I know.

I haven’t told the wife yet but the aim is to run another 911 turbo along side this in a year. See what happens.

View attachment 1664298

I just want to say congratulations on all your success.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
GTR now in garage until spring next year.

Not seen a salty road so it would be shame to ruin the underside now.

Annoyed that I couldn’t give it a clean before she went in, weathers shite and it’s not getting any better soon. Will have to pull it out in a few weeks once warms up a bit.

Not the most attractive garage but it does the job….

IMG_5406.jpeg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Hope you wore this while putting it to bed.

Got my hands on a nice piece for the GTR.

First 200 R35 ordered received a promotion pack (which I have) and this helmet.

You couldn’t buy them so if you weren’t given one it was tough luck, mine should have had one but the original owner probably held it back when he sold the car.

Anyhow, found a brand new boxed helmet with all the bits, paid £400 for it which is a lot but given how hard to come by they are it makes sense to have one to go with the car.

I reckon they will be worth proper money in years to come.

View attachment 1670175View attachment 1670176View attachment 1670177View attachment 1670178

I do see the cool side of having the helmet with the car. Someone should have just made the GT-R bit a tad more subtle when they were designing it. 😆

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Red’s one of those colours that looks unimpressive in pics yet in the metal a nice car like this in red looks awesome.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Out and about as Mini is now in garage.

Used last couple of days and the weather hasn’t been kind, still no salt on roads near me which is ideal as not bothered about water.

Booked in for service and mot at Litchfilelds beginning of April. They tried to quote based on age not taken into account the low miles, after I explained it’s just had a major 400 miles ago it’s just oil, filter and check over.

Still love the car but it begs to do longer journeys, it’s not really a car that’s happy doing 10 miles, only just warms up in that distance.

1st world problems, very lucky to own it outright.

IMG_6362.jpeg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Out and about as Mini is now in garage.

Used last couple of days and the weather hasn’t been kind, still no salt on roads near me which is ideal as not bothered about water.

Booked in for service and mot at Litchfilelds beginning of April. They tried to quote based on age not taken into account the low miles, after I explained it’s just had a major 400 miles ago it’s just oil, filter and check over.

Still love the car but it begs to do longer journeys, it’s not really a car that’s happy doing 10 miles, only just warms up in that distance.

1st world problems, very lucky to own it outright.

View attachment 1679684
Crazy suggestion chap, but just drive it further? I love them, I wouldn’t have one as I only have a drive, not a garage, and I fear it’s like a beacon for idiots (especially in red).

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Crazy suggestion chap, but just drive it further? I love them, I wouldn’t have one as I only have a drive, not a garage, and I fear it’s like a beacon for idiots (especially in red).

It’s not that I won’t drive it further, I don’t do the miles anymore. Everything I need is within a 12 mile radius.

In the summer I’ll push out a bit further for beach etc.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Keep find myself looking at 911s again 😂😂 don’t want another 997 as I feel the bubbles bursting on values so cars aren’t selling.

However I do fancy exploring a good 996 turbo.

Am I nuts?

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Keep find myself looking at 911s again 😂😂 don’t want another 997 as I feel the bubbles bursting on values so cars aren’t selling.

Am I nuts?
Personally I'd have a lot more fun messing around with a 996 Turbo as I wouldn't be so worried about hurting the value of the car. Where-as your GTR is so pristine and such low mileage that it'll mean you'll want to drive it less to avoid losing money on it.

Get the 996 Turbo, it doesn't sound like a mad idea to me!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

Am I nuts?
I think you have an undiagnosed personality disorder Ant.

Just sold 911, buys 50k gtr, leaves it out in the rain, 10k mini with flames in the car bubble. Goes to Litchfield for an oil change but no remap. Wants another 911 but a worse one than he had before.

Please call 111.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I think you have an undiagnosed personality disorder Ant.

Just sold 911, buys 50k gtr, leaves it out in the rain, 10k mini with flames in the car bubble. Goes to Litchfield for an oil change but no remap. Wants another 911 but a worse one than he had before.

Please call 111.

Nah, it’s still garaged…. Got that bit wrong 😂

I may go balls out and my a 997 Turbo S yet but not sure I want to commit that much money.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Buy a nice manual 996 Turbo, keep it for 2 months, then sell to me with a nice discount. You've itched your scratch, and you're doing a fellow CS member a solid 👌

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Given your penchant for liking things immaculate. I bet finding a dicky mint 20 year old 996 Turbo is going to be hard graft Ant, but you should 100% be doing it. They are only going one way value wise cs every other 911 derivative.