ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R36 engined mk2 Golf

Golf R soon...
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Turbos.
The Passat, 300bhp with DSG.

Amazing, thought they came out very recently? Must have a bit of money to do that in such a short space of time.

Looks absolutely perfect too...

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Passat i beleive??

Looks very nice that, bet its quick too, just wonder if it would be very nose heavy and have alot of understeer?

Nippy white cup
R36 estate...saw one at TOTB at elvington...pretty smart but surely that would be a massive weight to have at the front...although its pretty cool to have that in it imo

Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's some feat!

Must be a narrow angle V6 then? Like the old VR6's

Awesome car anyway, it must sound epic!

Fabia VRS
Thats mint!! seen a mk2 with an R32 engine before but never that!!:eek: Bet its great fun with a DSG gearbox in! assuming it has. Anyone no if it rear wheel, 4wheel or front wheel drive?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
R36 estate...saw one at TOTB at elvington...pretty smart but surely that would be a massive weight to have at the front...although its pretty cool to have that in it imo

Chris

Wasn't the one at TOTB in the rear though? Or was that a different car? (I remember it f**king flew!)...

Looks amazing the one in the OP though. very OEM looking.

Proper job!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Isn't the R36 V6 all alloy. If so its probably lighter than the old 1.8.

looks a beast

google'd it and the only audi with a 3.6 fsi engine is the Q7, surley that wont be it?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The Passat, 300bhp with DSG.

Amazing, thought they came out very recently? Must have a bit of money to do that in such a short space of time.

Looks absolutely perfect too...

Probably got the engine from a breakers yard for a couple of grand

Looks bloody lovely.

Bet it shifts too

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ The pic of the R36 engine does, a VR6 says 'VR6' on it ;)

Turbo Beige
VW Also 'released' several engines to UK tuners on the quite to put into projects etc months before the R36 was released!!

Nippy white cup
Wasn't the one at TOTB in the rear though? Or was that a different car? (I remember it f**king flew!)...

Looks amazing the one in the OP though. very OEM looking.

Proper job!

That was a Polo coupe m8y...and was with a 1.8t in the rear. I actually meant I saw a proper R36 Estate parked up....

Chris

Golf R soon...
Awesome car, I believe its being either turbo or supercharged for more power :cool:

I think it was being supercharged and the owner was trying to fit the haldex 4 motion system off an mk5 R32 as well.

Awesome project none the less! :)

ValverInBits
i want to know what management it runs on? as i understand it, they are direct injection. normally that means that you dont have an "normal" injection pattern, you may have a few short bursts for economy or just retarded injection timing.
didnt know of any management that could handle that.

Cool conversion :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good conversion, the R36 passat almost got beaten by the 3,0tdi audi in a 5th gear test, its too heavy!!