ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 GT Cosworth.

This is truly awesome!!!

yellow5083.jpg

engine
2litre 16v 2wd sierra cosworth engine
t3 turbo
bosch 803 injectors
21 psi boost
grp a coil
grp a regulater
grp a headgasket
4x4 inlet manifold
vernier pulleys
huge pace ally radiator
ally swirl pot
ally header tank
2 fans running 2 stage switch + override
2 charge coolers, 2 pumps, 2 swirlpots
huge pace ally pre rad
ally grp a oil breather system
bosch 044 fuel pump
-6 fuel lines and fittings
pro alloy foam filled fuel tank
un1 gearbox
ap cossie/reno clutch
oil cooler
level 8 management
running approx 340 bhp lb/ft

chassis
ford rs200 rear spaceframe
engine/suspension all bolted to cradle
full welded in roll cage tagged to body everywhere and to space frame
std r5 front end upto where rear seat used to start in floor

rear suspension
rs 200 setup inc.
4 coilovers
double wishbones
tie bars
race polybushes
2wd cossie hubs
all adjustable in every direction

front suspension
avo coilovers
race polybushes
r5 hubs with ford stud adapters

brakes
ap 4 pots up front 330 mm discs
wilwood 4 pots at rear 300mm disds
group n corsa bias pedal box (adjustable in dash)
-4 braided lines throughout
hydraulic handbrake

std bodywork outside
fully stripped inside

2 corbeau revolution seats
homemade ally dash housing clocks and relays/fuses
cable gearchange
plastic windows
billet compomotive mo's (very strong (and expensive))
kerb weight under 1000kgs
probably loads ive forgotten, anything u wanna know just ask

yellow5075.jpg

yellow5076.jpg

yellow5061.jpg

yellow5049.jpg

yellow5047.jpg

yellow501115.jpg

pics0210.jpg

pics1012.jpg

pics007-1.jpg

pics1011.jpg

yellow501112.jpg

pics0066.jpg

pics065.jpg

pics056.jpg

pics068.jpg

pics035.jpg

pics0033.jpg

Clio 197
whatever it is with a cosworth lump in and on a space frame it is going to be like s**t of a shovel, it looks so standard as well which is the best part about it - everyone is just going to think another chavved up lowered R5 running ok power but unreliable - until you decimate all.
Absolutely beautiful

i want a go, my god.

should be a different colour tho, a real sleeper in Tungsten or black, id be racing everything in that.

naples valver
thats my mate stu's r5 took him 2 years to build and cost a fortune!! had it set up by joe stevens last week think its about 340 as quoted. this is the first time he has put pics up of it on the net he kept it under wraps even from most of his mates when he was building it. where did u get the pics from mate?

naples valver
just a tad warm lol. just seen his post on the rtoc.co.uk forum, makes me want to build something special and different but then i think i cant be arsed as im sick of cars by the weekend, being a mechanic.

thats my mate stu's r5 took him 2 years to build and cost a fortune!! had it set up by joe stevens last week think its about 340 as quoted. this is the first time he has put pics up of it on the net he kept it under wraps even from most of his mates when he was building it. where did u get the pics from mate?

I forgot to mention where I found the pics etc, it was Passionford.

Clio 197
It is certainly a feet of engineering, as said, it makes me want to get an old car like this and build it up over a few years, keep it under wraps and have it unleashed when it is professionally set up and ready to rock the s**t out of some posh t***s in their super cars.

None
yea it was at fcs tucked away I got a couple of pics of it on my fcs pic thread somewhere. A fine piece of engineering. Clio could have it on the twisties tho ;) (probly wouldnt tho lol)

Yeah Stu's little project as someone mentioned, the R5/RS2000/Cossie hybrid, awesome machine, bar steward told me it was special, but not this special!!

R

rich[182]

In the dry, from a rolling 20mph whats everyone reckon about result of taking on a M3/M5 upto 120mph ?

That is absolutely awesome.

I've seen midengined conversions on Gt turbos and even a front engined cossie r5 gt turbo (which sadly caught fire)

This takes it to a new level, I'd like to meet this guy and shake his hand.

Awesome :D

Nippy white cup
This would destroy an M3 from a roll without any problems. Similar/more power and more torque and lots less weight... Probably 8 or 9 secs 0-100 and I suppose only gearing will affect top end.

Chris