ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 GT turbo's

Renault 5 GTE
i love those little froggies...

mine also :D

001.jpg

002.jpg

5qy1.jpg

04oq5.jpg

05vl8.jpg

06mq5.jpg

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Do 5's handle well around track? I've never seen one on track. Only 1/4 miling.
the r5 is a great car on the track as shown by the old R5 cup cars with a pretty standard set up.. if you want to mess with things they can be even better and show up many a newer car..

if this clubs doing any trackday have a word with the lads on the RTOC and they might come along and give you and anyone else a passenger ride for a few laps.. dont go calling it clio vs r5gtt or any of that poop tho as the lads that do the tracking aren't into that sh1te.. i went and watched a rtoc trackday and the lad were great, i also went to Brands and watch the cliosport one and that was great too... looks like the w@nkers race round maccy d's car parks leaving the tracks to the real men;)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Whats the insurance like on one of these? anyone had as first car 17?

a lad i used to hang around with bough one for a first car.. he was a year into his training at Merc and wasn't short a a few quid so bough himself a boggo standard 5 for about £1500.. the insurance was £1800 if i remember right:S he never really went mad when driving it and wasn't a cnut like many others in there 1litres.. after a year of driving the 5 he flogged it to a mate who wanted it making a few hundred over what he paid.. he replaced the 5 with a pulsar GTIR at 18 after paying £5500 for the car and £3000 or so for the insurance:dead:

had that a year before selling that and getting a house and a cav 1.8:eek: he gets the last laugh tho as he's got a house, fit bird, 350z and a life i want:lolup:

Not had a GTT but next weekend i get my 1.4 campus back with an RSI engine dropped into it!

Can't wait...expecting it to be on par with my old valver speed wise. :)

Nippy white cup
I loved my 5 Turbo. Was only about just over 160bhp but obviously with that weight it was excellent. Kept it looking std as well. Was a real minter and wish I hadn't got rid of it.

Couple of pics

101-0130_IMG.jpg

101-0128_IMG.jpg

Not bad for 223,000 miles!

Chris

Nice! :)

My m8 had one that mint in black...offered it to me for 1500 but i couldn't afford it. Now 've got the money and you can't get any up here (Aberdeen) so this is the next best thing for me;

R5RSI2007012701.gif

R5RSI2007012208.gif

115bhp should be as quick, if not quicker than a standard GTT. Once i get the bodywork up to scratch this lump may come out in favour of a 2ltr 16v. A week to go before its ready tho...so excited!

Nice! :)

My m8 had one that mint in black...offered it to me for 1500 but i couldn't afford it. Now 've got the money and you can't get any up here (Aberdeen) so this is the next best thing for me;

R5RSI2007012701.gif

R5RSI2007012208.gif

115bhp should be as quick, if not quicker than a standard GTT. Once i get the bodywork up to scratch this lump may come out in favour of a 2ltr 16v. A week to go before its ready tho...so excited!

I doubt it personally, won't have the torque of a blown lump.

Hardly any isn't none tho! ;)

Comparing GTT's to NA car (say a valver) its normally the case that the valver needs less outright BHP to keep pace do the same should be true of the RSI (IMO).

That is true!

Like i said, if there was one near me i'd have bought it so this is the next best thing at the moment.

Such fun cars! :)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
ha am diggin this up from no where.

but i f**king love them lol

how much would you have to spend to get a well maintained one, only minor probs etc etc.

a mate wants one and i want him to get one haha

clio mk1, 5 gts mk2
im selling my renault 5 gts chassis and body have removed the alloys, brakes,exhaust steering wheel, front seats, carb and other general bits but will sell therest it has a few cracks and dints but is in quite a good shape no bad rust just a few scratches, full xr2i body kit also! make me offers PM for more details!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
cheers pal, think he wantd one thats already done tbh, doesnt have the know how to do a major project

ta

Here is mine I had when I was 17 (9 years ago jeez!!) up there with my fav cars such a superb car. I'd have another no problem but getting difficult to find a good one now!
P1010027.jpg

P1010026.jpg

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
wat was the insurance mate. we might all buy as one to race it so 3 ppl on named ins.

was it bad.

thats sweet.

if that was directed to me -> thanks - this was my first go at modifying and started life as a mechanically great but sad looking tungsten grey, the insurance wasn't too bad - think I payed about £1900 TPFT. I bet you can get them on classic policies now though?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Hardly any isn't none tho! ;)

Comparing GTT's to NA car (say a valver) its normally the case that the valver needs less outright BHP to keep pace do the same should be true of the RSI (IMO).

my 5 has no lag at all in the right gear... im with ralph, the 5 would take it out no problem, there are no standard 5's about, most are running a bar of boost minimum which can see 130-150hp and the same torque. the power delivery of the gtt engine is nothing like the NA and imo..

i had a slightly modded 5 and standard 16v at the same time and the 5 was quicker..

182Trophy
Straight out of the box 120bhp & 120lb/ft 1.4 8v T2 Garrett running up to 10psi, and as heavy as an empty can of beans!!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
7 sec 0-60 standerd i think

modded ive seen them into the 5's

god i miss mine it was fan bloody tastic and ate valvers for lunch!

ate most other things for luch after the engine was rebuilt!

182Trophy
Cheers Zonda - No there don't seem to be many, if I go to the meets there's a few but usually more other colours.
It's ages since i've seen one at all to be honest. Time for it to come out and play soon, looking at all those others pics reminded me how great it can be to have a car like that.

I'll dig some more photos out soon, from some meets etc.

Cheers Zonda - No there don't seem to be many, if I go to the meets there's a few but usually more other colours.
It's ages since i've seen one at all to be honest. Time for it to come out and play soon, looking at all those others pics reminded me how great it can be to have a car like that.

I'll dig some more photos out soon, from some meets etc.

more pics the better! :)

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
If I am ever in the position to buy a weekend fun car, in a few years, one of these will be it