ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r5 gtt into mk1 clio

Mk1 1993 1.4 RT
As above... will a renault 5 GTT fit straight into my mk1 1.4RT clio?

will i need the loom and ECU off the GTT aswell?

And last but not least, will the JB1 gearbox fit straight to it?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's been done before, quite a few people around Essex had it done but unsure of the work involved. I would say though that the 5 turbo lump is only as reliable as the person that's driving/ looking after it.

Have you thought about the 1.8 16v lump? Why particularly the C1J

williams 2,seat leon
ive done this a few years back to a showcar.. you need to change a few mounts but it fits with 5 turbo box. no issues. however, i threw vast sums of cash at this, and tbh dont bother. just fit a valver or willy engine. much better to drive and to live with. it was a pain in the arse tbh.

Mk1 1993 1.4 RT
ok what works involved in fitting a willy or megane lump in it?

i only took interest to a r5GTT engine because its only a 1.4 and a turbo.

Mk1 1993 1.4 RT
just looked on E-GAY and found an 1.8 RSI lump. but will that just fit straight in? and could i use the JB1 gearbox with it? im assuming i will need the loom and ECU too?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I wouldn't bother with the RSI if your doing an engine swap. 8v so doesn't give a huge amount of power or tuneability. stick with the 1.8/2.0 16v lumps

to do a valver or willy conversion your need the engine and ecu, and the loom for what phase your car is, phase 1 car needs phase 1 valver loom.

williams 2,seat leon
your box will prob fit, but if you buying a valver or willy lump, use the gearbox that comes with it. it will be stronger. the engine should be a straight fit, but you will need the loom, ecu, coil pack, pretty much every thing you can get out the engine bay, also power steering rack if yours hasnt got it. should be able to do it in a weekend. the only other thing you will need for definate with a willy/valver lump is the bonnet, as a non bulge wont shut unless you cut out a load of the inner skin.