ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAC windscreens. sh*t job!

R35 GTR
f**king horrendous! All the trim round the windscreen is still sticking away from bodywork, and my plastic thing below window has been hacked into.

Plus bottom corner of drivers side the plastic is not stuck down, what a wanker!!!!

THe windscreen is filthy too, I'm gonna go ape when I phone them up.:mad:

Anyone else have problems with them?

R35 GTR
th_windscreenrepair002.gif

th_windscreenrepair001.gif

MK2 Clio V6 255
Yeah had them replace the windscreen on my pug couple of years back, the fitter didnt put sealant all the way round so when it rained the water run straight into the car filling the footwell up made the carpet go all mouldy.

Took me a whille to realise where it was coming from, they had to come and replace it again, pissed me right off,

If you ask me there always in too much of a rush to get it done and go home.:mad:

106 GTi
Re: RAC windscreens. s**t job!

They came out and changed the screen on my sisters car and did a good job. I guess like all these companies It depends on the fitter you get.

Like others have said get on the phone.

fat 182

my old boss had to get his car resprayed after the scratched a round the window that was after they fitted a wind screen with nowhere for his lights and rain sensor to go!

Golf R/Leon FR

thats a sh*t job on there dude, good job you phoned them back, id be fuming!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Never had the replaced windscreen, but like I was saying to you on Sunday last, they did my chip with silicone, and its fine. You need to be at there site, then if they c**k it up, you can pull their manager and demand it gets sorted. If they do it as a mobile, then they can attempt to take the piss...also, I would say to tell your insurance company about the crap job...(or at least threaten it) if they don't sort it out to a decent state.

Donny

R35 GTR
Another thing to add.:( The seal round the inside is shite! I left it for a few hours before driving, just been out and i have whistling all the way round the window, plus a new rattle.:(

I will be chatting to his manager monday morning.

I thought they were supposed to be professional, so left the guy to get the job done, never again.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi there

My brother used to work for RAC, I when I told him about your situation, he simply said it didn't surprise him one bit!!!!! He said staff are normally treated like poo, and there is no insentive for them to do a good job at all!!!!!

My bro left after a year or so with them, because he was so miserable working for them!!!!!

He did say though, to make sure that you are watching them when it is done, otherwise some may take the piss!!!!!

Holly

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
had mine done the other week, and he did a proper job!

the old one was majorly stuck in, who ever did it before put far too much sealant and pushed it too flat,

the guy was sound, had a good chat, about cars etc, he wanted a valver, but got a r19 16v instead, ( fool! )

like most things, it does depend on who you get.

2001 172,VW Touran
I finally had my windscreen on my 172 changed today.1st issue he was late he was supposed to be there first thing but turned up at lunch time.which made me wonder if he got confused and couldn't tell the time.2nd issue once the screen was fitted i noticed the trims where all over the place.When questioned he said that its had a replacement screen before which i knew about(they managed to put all the trims on ok).And thats why they dont fit now.Iphoned their depot to complain and they sent him back to rectify the problem but he tried to fob me off.So another call to depot and i'm having a new scuttle fitted f.o.c.All i've got to do is get them to sort out the pillar ones now. What a bunch of tossers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clio1 1.8 16valve
am a windscreen fitter myself for autoglass and its true wat some of u been saying not all the time they give us enough time to do the jobs so some fitters rush but am not making excuses for the RAC job because that is really s**t seeming that them clios are easy to do. Another thing is when fitting a clio windscreen they shoud give u all new trims ie side trims and top trim so u can argue that case if they are damaged.End of the day i look at it like this treat every car as ur own but mistakes do happen and when they do own up to them

-TA- said:
had mine done the other week, and he did a proper job!

the old one was majorly stuck in, who ever did it before put far too much sealant and pushed it too flat,

the guy was sound, had a good chat, about cars etc, he wanted a valver, but got a r19 16v instead, ( fool! )

like most things, it does depend on who you get.

Had mine done this week fitter (RAC) was absolutely top bloke had a cup of tea n a tab together chatted about cars, v happy with job done, explained everything and gave me a bottle windscreen cleaner :cool:

R35 GTR
Got to add something, looks like i got the apprentice.lol.

but had someone look at it while i was at work and they said they will order new clips to hold the plastic panel down.

I am actually impressed with the guys, there was no arguments, I didnt get arsey, just explained that i thought it was a rubbish job.

So I am getting it refitted this thursday, a bit inconvenienced, but s**t happens.

R35 GTR
172 Dave said:
stay and watch mate you'll be surprised at the difference it makes

I was thinking that, as i gotta go to the depot, i will stick around for the first hour, then go away while the glue sets.