ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race seat position

182 arctic blue cup
Where have you guys set your race seat in relation to the steering wheel is it offset like standard or do you centre it. It feels better in terms of gearshift and wheel also right foot braking but left foot braking seems weird. I haven't welded mounts yet just looking for feedback before I go too far.
Ta
Dave

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
on OMP subframes I felt pretty central. However I have just changed to Jon Foz X Low for drivers side and slotted the holes so I could get the side mounts far enough apart to get seat fitted. On trial the seat is still far too close to the door (you can tell just by looking at it that it isnt right) so I will be slotting further for a more central driving position. I never noticed the standard seating position to be off centre at all? Central to steering wheel is surely what you want all the time?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I have welded in seat bars and a fixed bucket seat, the seat is central to the steering wheel. The Clio's pedal box is offset to the right about 50mm, Renault designed the car to be LH drive and never bothered sorting the pedal box position to suit RH drive cars.

Just need to learn to deal with the pedals being off centre

182 arctic blue cup
Heres how offset the rails will be to centre the seat to the wheel. The blue bars arn't welded and only roughly in position. My right leg when straight is between throttle and brake and my left sits naturally between clutch and rest. So feels comfortable but its a long way over to left foot brake. Ive had to use adjustable rails as my son races the car and is only 13. Whats the opinion
20180503_182254.jpg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Set the seat up central to the steering wheel and live with the pedals being offset. Or you can remove the pedals from the pedal box an modify them to sit central to the wheel

182 arctic blue cup
That looks great. I've welded my mounts to suit centre of wheel and will look into sorting the pedals out afterwards.