ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

race seats 172/cup

hi everyone..anyone got any pics of 172 or cup with race seats in?

are they lighter? and how much would a recliner cost?

would blue or black suit?

thanks to everyone again

as to the seats.

Depends on what model and construction you choose. Some are heavy (recliners) some are a few kgs kevlar/carbon composit fixed backs. They are not comfortable though over long distances, even medium distances.

colour, you choice, cost....also your choice, from 80 for a crap seat all teh way up to 1200 for a carbon touring style seat with wings and alcantara.

Clio v6

Or you could even go for personal fitting seats. They sit you in a big bean bag and extract all the air out of it to form a perfect mould of you. I think it costs about £1600 just for the fitting.

insurance company will crucify you for the seats if the cup has the airbags in the seats like other Clios. they dont like you removing airbags

i seen u can get race seats from the dealer as a option as u buy, has ne1 seen these or how much they are

ps may order a cup tomoz

I just got shot down in flames for asking the same question... Apparently Renaultsport in France can do you a race spec cup, and the UK dealers have fooled themselves into thinking they can supply them... they cant.

regards

BMW 320d Sport

Well I was worried about long journeys etc when I put my Cobra Suzukas in.They DO take some getting used to at first, getting in and out, getting your nads arranged properly so you dont end up impotent for the rest of your life, etc. But once you have the position and tilt of the seat right (tricky) they are great to drive in and Ive found I can stay in them a lot longer than I used to be able to. And the original phase 1 valver seats were about the best factory seats you could get IMHO. The 2 and 3 hour journeys that Ive been doing lately up to Doncaster, and around Europe have been no trouble at all, you get out without any aches or pains.

Had no problems with the seats at all.

Take a while to get used to even more so having harnesses as well.

When i did the 2 hour drive to the Donny show i was fine.