ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

Mint project guys.

Just a thought hope its not a n00b one, if the camber iss statically showing 2.3 deg neg but then shifting under hard cornering would it not be a castor issue?

Im sure the shop will have a look and hopefully find the issue.

Keep it up lads

shop? this car doesnt go to garages lol (apart from for remaps :))

there was movement in the camber bolts so im hoping it will be that, will do some photos under hard cornering eventually :)

carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Quick work, nice one :)

no messing about mate :)

i wanna try and do as many track days as possible this summer, was supposed to fit poly bushes today aswell but ktec didnt send them next day delivery so will have to wait.

carl

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

Maybe read the comments. or the other thread in media.

The car is running 2.3 Negative camber. But for some reason, when hard cornering we have a little problem.

Sorry my bad hope you get that sorted asap then im sure this will be a weapon !

Mk2 172

He's full of s**t mate, he said he was getting some ones that were uprated, said the were made by Faulkner springs. I rang Faulkner who informed me that they had already made the springs for AST and that they had them. So I rang dennis at AST who informed me he had been waiting for months for Curtis to confirm how many springs he needed. Dennis then said he would phone Curtis and arrange delivery of the springs. Which he did, Curtis recieved springs from AST this week. Dennis also said he was supplying them FOC, Curtis previous tried to charge me

Carl

Bit of a stressful time between AST and powerstation(curtis) at the mo so id cut him some slack! All will be revealed soon!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Bit of a stressful time between AST and powerstation(curtis) at the mo so id cut him some slack! All will be revealed soon!

He has redeemed himself :) was very helpful when I spoke to
him regarding my top mounts. I just don't like being blatently lied too that's all :)

Carl

Mk2 172

He has redeemed himself :) was very helpful when I spoke to
him regarding my top mounts. I just don't like being blatently lied too that's all :)

Carl

Good, thats fine. What annoyed me was slagging him off regarding u having to possibly pay for them when i was clearly told by another CS member that u didnt purchase them new?? Am i right? In which case he has absolutely no reason not to charge you :)

Im not trying to cause an arguement, just stating the facts :) hope it makes sense.
If u did buy them new then i apologise.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

What annoyed me most of all is slagging him off regarding u having to pay for them when i was clearly told by another CS member that u didnt purchase them new?? Am i right? In which case he has absolutely no reason not to charge you :)

yeah but Curtis even admitted that the current ones were not fit for purpose and badly designed. He mentioned he had a few cases of them braking. A very expensive set of coilovers such as AST's you do not expect the main supplier to be admitting that things arent fit for purpose. So why should anyone have to pay for a part supplied which wasnt suited for the use?

carl

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

He's full of s**t mate, he said he was getting some ones that were uprated, said the were made by Faulkner springs. I rang Faulkner who informed me that they had already made the springs for AST and that they had them. So I rang dennis at AST who informed me he had been waiting for months for Curtis to confirm how many springs he needed. Dennis then said he would phone Curtis and arrange delivery of the springs. Which he did, Curtis recieved springs from AST this week. Dennis also said he was supplying them FOC, Curtis previous tried to charge me

Carl

Good, thats fine. What annoyed me was slagging him off regarding u having to possibly pay for them when i was clearly told by another CS member that u didnt purchase them new?? Am i right? In which case he has absolutely no reason not to charge you :)

Im not trying to cause an arguement, just stating the facts :) hope it makes sense.
If u did buy them new then i apologise.

make sense?

Mk2 172

yeah but Curtis even admitted that the current ones were not fit for purpose and badly designed. He mentioned he had a few cases of them braking. A very expensive set of coilovers such as AST's you do not expect the main supplier to be admitting that things arent fit for purpose. So why should anyone have to pay for a part supplied which wasnt suited for the use?

carl

No they are a problem i will admit but every product is likely to have little problems with it when sold in such small amounts. Its hardly major them breaking anyway but glad hes got them sorted. The difference is with curtis as you have found out is that hes willing to fix the problem without and quibbles etc.
Alot of companies arent like that as ive found many times in the past.
Anyway glad ur pleased with them :) Mines in next week for more adjustments and tweaks to try :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Havent updated this for awhile but added a few new bits to the car.

Ktec Uprated engine and gearbox mounts.

RenaultClioPH1-Enginemountings21-1.jpg

RenaultClioPH1-Enginemountings21-2.jpg

Powerflex dogbone mount

RenaultClioPH1-Enginemountings21-05.jpg

RenaultClioPH1-Wishbonebushes27--1.jpg

Powerflex wishbone bushes and new bottom ball joints

RenaultClioPH1-Wishbonebushes27--2.jpg

Powerflex ARB bushes

RenaultClioPH1-Wishbonebushes27-06-.jpg

Ktec short shifter and sprayed the surround

KTek-Shortthrowquickshiftgearlev-2.jpg

KTek-Shortthrowquickshiftgearlev-1.jpg

KTek-Shortthrowquickshiftgearlever2.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Next trackday: Cadwell Park, 8th Augest, Open Pit

If you are local call by and either or adrian will give you a passenger lap round :)

Last edited:
  BMW M5 & E36

Why did you choose that over the Renaultsport day on the 11th?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

as ive done plenty of days with Circuitdays and everyone has been spot on.

also its on a saturday, meaning i dont need a day off work and my dad can come down for a few passenger laps if he dares :evil:

oh and i go to spain on the 10th lol

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

as ive done plenty of days with Circuitdays and everyone has been spot on.

also its on a saturday, meaning i dont need a day off work and my dad can come down for a few passenger laps if he dares :evil:

oh and i go to spain on the 10th lol

Also i have a deadline at work close so taking days out isnt a option, in august.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

great project as per...

nice to see its getting some real good use

ta mate, always available for a magazine feature ;)

its done 5 track days this year and im looking at doing a 1/4 mile time with it after cadwell :)

PH1 iceburg

Please please please can i have your sabelt steering wheel?

BG 182 FF

was going to get me dinner then started reading this thread i am now very hungry but not bothered, what a project this is, like the colour looks immense and the car sounds awesome, really like the cage too, keep up the great work:)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ta mate, always available for a magazine feature ;)

its done 5 track days this year and im looking at doing a 1/4 mile time with it after cadwell :)

of course.....lol

i really need to get to a day...and stop talking about it.

alien green rs133

stop being a girl with camber.. do it propper 7 degree's then if it shifts 1 or 2 then its still negative.. win :D

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Completed another trackday, Cadwell again.

Car performed very well and it seems the camber problem is fixed :)

carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

did raising it stop the understeer?

massively, the backend was all over...just the way i like it :D

still room for improvement in the hairpins though, but i think thats a problem with my driving tbh

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

lol burp just noticed your drift pics, it was kinda like that today

172 Race Car

Told you it should be with those rear springs. Obviously it was lowered for show before.

I actually think my car looks quite high but ive no problems with it so im leaving it.

Measure your sill to ground height and i'll compare it too mine

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Told you it should be with those rear springs. Obviously it was lowered for show before.

I actually think my car looks quite high but ive no problems with it so im leaving it.

Measure your sill to ground height and i'll compare it too mine

yeah was lowered too much before, its alot higher on the front now and there is some travel :O

backend is just as stiff as it can go.

really twitchy backend but i like it :)

the tyres all wore very evenly apart from passenger front where it was overinflated abit.

carl

172 Race Car

need to check the pressures (HOT) very regularly through out the day. they will settle down after a few runs.

I run mine at 30si hot. Put them in the boot after we've finished and by the time i get home the ones on the front are down to 22psi

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

need to check the pressures (HOT) very regularly through out the day. they will settle down after a few runs.

I run mine at 30si hot. Put them in the boot after we've finished and by the time i get home the ones on the front are down to 22psi

see we ran them at 26 cold which seemed to work well, but was rising quite high when warm. Grip was spot on and wear seemed good so just kept it at that. Passenger front wore too quickly on edges, ran them too high tbh.

Live and learn :) think ill drop them more next time.

carl

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Nope we still run a standard rad, that is pulled forward basically. We will get a new one sometime.