ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Touch up/Aerosol

Merc A Class
After collecting the car last week I gave it a good clean on Sunday and noticed how many stone chips the car had, was shocked tbh.

Are these touch up pens any good or would an aerosol be better, id very carefully mask the surrounding area if I went the aerosol route. Can you even get RB in an aerosol?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Do not aerosol it!

Unless you're handy with paint lol.

I'll see if I can find a guide but

Build up the layers of the paint in the stone chips until they are slightly proud of the surrounding paint

Once it's dry, sand the touch ups to the same level as the surrounding paint. Fine grade wet and dry! Working from 1200-2500/3000

Polish, preferably with a machine the sanded areas to blend it in nicely.

Sorry if I've taught you to suck eggs at all here.

Edit.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20127

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I only have two paint pots left and they are 727 Cap Red (Trophy Red)

I can not get them anymore as the bodyshop has closed down and everything was taken out / moved.

Merc A Class
thanks for all the help lads and especially @Knuckles

I have messaged a seller or ebay who MarcR has put me in touch with so Ill see if he can help, failing that I'll try St Helens :)