ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radiator fan

Hi guys, need to get my fan fixed as my car overheated in all the snow the other nite (oh the irony) coz the fan didnt kick in - had to pull over and wait an hour whilst the engine cooled so that i could get home!!! Any things i need to check before i remove the bloody thing and probably make a serious hash of it.....?

If you put the heater on full, and turn the fan on, itll never overheat. I had to do this sometimes when my fan packed up.

No idea about fitting it..... (I left that for my mate to worry about hehe!)

Cool, i had turned my fan on but it certainly wasnt on full - despite it being -1c outside i still got too hot!! Didnt realise that it would help to have it on full - thanks! Spose ure taking hte heat away from the engine that way

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

your are taking the heat away but if it was a bit warmer outside it wouldnt nes stop it overheating.fans clipped into the bottem of the radiator and held in the top by 2 small nuts and bolts.have you checked the radiator fan switch?