ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radiator help

Clio 197
For whatever reason my 172 has an unknown radiator on without a fan atm, I've got a 172 rad with fan to replace it which I'm getting round to doing, but I've come across a few things.
In the engine bay wiring loom there's 3 plugs coming out for the fan etc stuff. 2 of which I can see go into the fan and shroud, the 3rd however I don't know where it goes:
2ir69fl.jpg

On the replacement rad there's this plug sticking out, but I have no wiring to plug into it?:
4rrfba.jpg

On the rad that's in there that same plug thing is blanked off with a bolt thing:
xdgjt5.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I imagine the white plug would be a coolant temp sensor, but to be honest I've not looked at the way it's setup, only thing that springs to mind is if ones for ph1 and the other ph2?

Clio 197
I imagine the white plug would be a coolant temp sensor, but to be honest I've not looked at the way it's setup, only thing that springs to mind is if ones for ph1 and the other ph2?

Possibly, I know mine's a ph1 non-aircon setup, and I think the car that this one came off of was a ph2 aircon model, if that makes any difference?

Is that sensor needed to tell the fan to come on..?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
In short yes, but I believe the sports have the sensor on the side of the engine rather than on radiator, hence why yours is blanked off?

172 Ph1
The 3 pin purple pin would have gone to the air con pressure switch , the 2 pin white connector plugs in to the rad fan motor . There is another 2 pin black connector near the purple one that would be for the resistor to run cooling fan at half speed - that's only for functioning air con system .

The Radiator is probably for different models and it serves others in the range. By the looks of it - other clios with smaller CC engines that ran the early cooling fan set-up. So the blocked off nut would be necessary to seal the system.

Clio 197
The 3 pin purple pin would have gone to the air con pressure switch , the 2 pin white connector plugs in to the rad fan motor . There is another 2 pin black connector near the purple one that would be for the resistor to run cooling fan at half speed - that's only for functioning air con system .

The Radiator is probably for different models and it serves others in the range. By the looks of it - other clios with smaller CC engines that ran the early cooling fan set-up. So the blocked off nut would be necessary to seal the system.

Perfect, exactly the information I was after, thank you very much..!